Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.3 ng/ml
- Range: 0.391 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Milk, Plasma, Saliva, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Baboon
Product nameCorticosterone ELISA kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9.8%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity= 0.3 ng/ml
Range0.391 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
= 101 %
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Baboon
Corticosterone ELISA kit is a competitive Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay designed for the quantitative measurement of Corticosterone levels in plasma, serum, urine, milk, saliva and cell culture supernatant.
A Corticosterone specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently biotinylated Corticosterone is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Corticosterone captured in plate.
Please note the concentrations of the kit components are lot-specific and the end user should always refer to the vial label
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent S Concentrate 1 x 20ml 1X Biotinylated Corticosterone Protein (Lyophilized) 1 vial 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Corticosterone Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Corticosterone Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
RelevanceCorticosterone is the adrenal steroid, the major glucocorticoid. Glucocorticoid hormones are also known as corticosteroid hormones and are synthesized mainly in the adrenal cortex; however, more recently the enzymes involved in their synthesis have been found in a variety of cells and tissues, including the heart. The effects of these hormones are mediated via both cytoplasmic mineralocorticoid receptors (MRs) and glucocorticoid receptors (GRs), which act as ligand-inducible transcription factor. Corticosterone has profound effect on the structure and function of the hippocampus. Brain corticosterone action through the glucocorticoid receptor may involve memory storage. Emotional stress might cause increases in plasma corticosterone.
ab108821 has been referenced in 117 publications.
- Xu XR et al. Activation of dopaminergic VTA inputs to the mPFC ameliorates chronic stress-induced breast tumor progression. CNS Neurosci Ther 27:206-219 (2021). PubMed: 33112032
- Sun JS et al. Ventromedial hypothalamic primary cilia control energy and skeletal homeostasis. J Clin Invest 131:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33021968
- Toorie AM et al. A history of opioid exposure in females increases the risk of metabolic disorders in their future male offspring. Addict Biol 26:e12856 (2021). PubMed: 31782234
- Mastrogiovanni NA et al. Social isolation enhances cued-reinstatement of sucrose and nicotine seeking, but this is reversed by a return to social housing. Sci Rep 11:2422 (2021). PubMed: 33510269
- Hassan SA et al. Relationship between locomotor activity rhythm and corticosterone levels during HCC development, progression, and treatment in a mouse model. J Pineal Res 70:e12724 (2021). PubMed: 33615553