Key features and details
- Potent endogenous glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptor agonist
- CAS Number: 50-22-6
- Purity: > 96%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCorticosterone, endogenous steroid hormone
DescriptionPotent endogenous glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptor agonist
Biological descriptionPotent endogenous glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptor agonist (EC50 = 20 nM, GR). Induces apoptosis. Modulates carbohydrate, potassium, and sodium metabolism in vivo. Blood-brain barrier permeable.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab143597 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Li M et al. Protein Kinase C Mediates the Corticosterone-induced Sensitization of Dorsal Root Ganglion Neurons Innervating the Rat Stomach. J Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:464-476 (2017). Rat . PubMed: 28343377
- Perry RJ et al. Hepatic acetyl CoA links adipose tissue inflammation to hepatic insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Cell 160:745-758 (2015). PubMed: 25662011