Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5867] to COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody [EPR5867]
See all COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5867] to COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human COX1/ Cyclooxygenase 1 aa 500-600. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- C2C12, A431, NIH 3T3, Neuro 2a, and L6 cell lysates; Human stomach tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 8.00 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133319 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 65-70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay play an important role in regulating or promoting cell proliferation in some normal and neoplastically transformed cells.
PathwayLipid metabolism; prostaglandin biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prostaglandin G/H synthase family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- COX 1 antibody
- COX 3 antibody
- COX-1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody [EPR5867] (ab133319) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : C2C12 cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Neuro 2a cell lysate
Lane 5 : L6 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of Paraffin Embedded Human stomach tissue labelling COX1/Cyclooxygenase 1 with ab133319 at 1/50 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab133319 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Périco LL et al. Sex-specific effects of Eugenia punicifolia extract on gastric ulcer healing in rats. World J Gastroenterol 24:4369-4383 (2018). PubMed: 30344421
- Kitanaka T et al. JNK activation is essential for activation of MEK/ERK signaling in IL-1ß-induced COX-2 expression in synovial fibroblasts. Sci Rep 7:39914 (2017). WB, RT-PCR ; Cat . PubMed: 28054591
- Hayashi G et al. Frataxin deficiency increases cyclooxygenase 2 and prostaglandins in cell and animal models of Friedreich's ataxia. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2014). WB ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 25104852
- Qiao LN et al. Effect of Electroacupuncture Intervention on Expression of CGRP, SP, COX-1, and PGE2 of Dorsal Portion of the Cervical Spinal Cord in Rats with Neck-Incision Pain. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:294091 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24078821