Product nameCOX2 / Cyclooxygenase 2 peptide
See all COX2 / Cyclooxygenase 2 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % n/a.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab213704 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-COX2 / Cyclooxygenase 2 antibody [EP1978Y] (ab62331)
This is the blocking peptide for ab62331.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- COX 2
FunctionMediates the formation of prostaglandins from arachidonate. May have a role as a major mediator of inflammation and/or a role for prostanoid signaling in activity-dependent plasticity.
PathwayLipid metabolism; prostaglandin biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prostaglandin G/H synthase family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
modificationsS-nitrosylation by NOS2 (iNOS) activates enzme activity. S-nitrosylation may take place on different Cys residues in addition to Cys-561.
Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
ab213704 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.