Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [10G8D12C12] to COX4 + COX4L2
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-COX4 + COX4L2 antibody [10G8D12C12]
See all COX4 + COX4L2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10G8D12C12] to COX4 + COX4L2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Zebrafish
Full length native protein (purified). This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Isolated mitochondria from Human heart, Bovine heart and HepG2 cells. Human skeletal muscle (frozen sections). Cultured Human embryonic lung derived fibroblasts (strain MRC5; fixed and permeabilized). Human colon tissue sections. HeLa cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110261 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation. ab110261 was judged as near homogeneity by SDS PAGE.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110261 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. (heat-induced antigen-retrieval improves signal)|
RelevanceCytochrome C Oxidase is located in the inner mitochondrial membrane and is the terminal enzyme complex of the mitochondrial electron transport chain. It collects electrons that are transferred from reduced cytochrome C and donates them to molecular oxygen, which is then reduced to water. It is composed of cytochrome A and cytochrome B, two copper atoms, and 13 different protein subunits, three of which are encoded by the mitochondrial DNA and ten others by nuclear DNA (mammals).
Cellular localizationMitochondrial inner membrane
- AL024441 antibody
- COX 4 antibody
- COX IV antibody
All lanes : Anti-COX4 + COX4L2 antibody [10G8D12C12] (ab110261) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Isolated mitochondria from Human heart at 5 µg
Lane 2 : Isolated mitochondria from Bovine heart at 1 µg
Lane 3 : Isolated mitochondria from HepG2 at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
ab110261, at 1 µg/mL, staining COX4 + COX4L2 in HeLa cells by Immunohistochemistry (blue) and an isotype control antibody, at 1 µg/mL, staining of HeLa cells (red).
ab110261, at 10 µg/ml, staining COX4 + COX4L2 in cultured Human embryonic lung derived fibroblasts by Immunofluorescence. The cells (strain MRC5) were fixed, permeabilized and then labeled with ab110261 followed by an AlexaFluor® 488 conjugated Goat anti-mouse IgG2a isotype specific secondary antibody at 1 µg/ml.
ab110261, at 1/800, staining COX4 + COX4L2 in skeletal muscle tissue sections from a patient with a single large deletion of the mtDNA by Immunohistochemistry. The tissue was snap frozen and fixed in 4% PFA. Image kindly provided by Dr. J. Murphy and D. Turnbull, Mitochondrial Research Group, Newcastle University.
ab110261, at 1/200, showing COX4 + COX4L2 negative crypts in colon tissue sections from a normal ageing patient by Immunohistochemistry. The tissue was snap frozen and fixed in 4% PFA. Image kindly provided by Dr. J. Murphy and D. Turnbull, Mitochondrial Research Group, Newcastle University.
ab110261 has been referenced in 43 publications.
- Warren C et al. Decoding mitochondrial heterogeneity in single muscle fibres by imaging mass cytometry. Sci Rep 10:15336 (2020). Human . PubMed: 32948797
- Hedberg-Oldfors C et al. COX deficiency and leukoencephalopathy due to a novel homozygous APOPT1/COA8 mutation. Neurol Genet 6:e464 (2020). PubMed: 32637636
- Hatton C et al. Complex I reductions in the nucleus basalis of Meynert in Lewy body dementia: the role of Lewy bodies. Acta Neuropathol Commun 8:103 (2020). PubMed: 32646480
- Li S et al. Exosomes from hyperglycemia-stimulated vascular endothelial cells contain versican that regulate calcification/senescence in vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Biosci 9:1 (2019). PubMed: 30622695
- Straub IR et al. Loss of CHCHD10-CHCHD2 complexes required for respiration underlies the pathogenicity of a CHCHD10 mutation in ALS. Hum Mol Genet 27:178-189 (2018). PubMed: 29121267