Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1A12A12] to COX4, mitochondrial
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-COX4, mitochondrial antibody [1A12A12]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1A12A12] to COX4, mitochondrial
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Full length native protein (purified). This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Mitochondria from yeast membrane extract
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
This product was previously labelled as Cytochrome c oxidase subunit 4
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesNear homogeneity as judged by SDS-PAGE. ab110272 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110272 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 5B family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- cox4 antibody
- COX4 Cox4p antibody
- COX4_YEAST antibody
ab110272 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Duan C et al. Drp1 regulates mitochondrial dysfunction and dysregulated metabolism in ischemic injury via Clec16a-, BAX-, and GSH- pathways. Cell Death Dis 11:251 (2020). PubMed: 32312970
- Ghosh S et al. An essential role for cardiolipin in the stability and function of the mitochondrial calcium uniporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 117:16383-16390 (2020). PubMed: 32601238
- Buso A et al. Mitochondrial Adaptations in Elderly and Young Men Skeletal Muscle Following 2 Weeks of Bed Rest and Rehabilitation. Front Physiol 10:474 (2019). PubMed: 31118897
- Ghosh J et al. Cigarette Smoke Toxins-Induced Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Pancreatitis Involves Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Mediated Cyp1 Gene Expression: Protective Effects of Resveratrol. Toxicol Sci 166:428-440 (2018). PubMed: 30165701
- Anandasadagopan SK et al. ß -Naphthoflavone-Induced Mitochondrial Respiratory Damage in Cyp1 Knockout Mouse and in Cell Culture Systems: Attenuation by Resveratrol Treatment. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017:5213186 (2017). PubMed: 29098061