Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [6E9B12D5] to COX5A
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-COX5A antibody [6E9B12D5]
See all COX5A primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6E9B12D5] to COX5A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Zebrafish
Other Immunogen Type. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Isolated mitochondria from Human heart, Bovine heart, Rat heart, Mouse heart, and HepG2, Human embryonic lung-derived fibroblasts (strain MRC5), HeLa cells
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110262 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110262 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThis is the heme A-containing chain of cytochrome c oxidase, the terminal oxidase in mitochondrial electron transport.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 5A family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- COX antibody
- COX VA antibody
- COX5A antibody
All lanes : Anti-COX5A antibody [6E9B12D5] (ab110262) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart mitochondria at 5 µg
Lane 2 : Bovine heart mitochondria at 1 µg
Lane 3 : Rat heart mitochondria at 10 µg
Lane 4 : Mouse heart mitochondria at 10 µg
Lane 5 : HepG2 mitochondria at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Mitochondrial localization of COX5A. Cultured Human embryonic lung-derived fibroblasts (strain MRC5) were fixed, treated for heat-induced antigen retrieval, permeabilized and then labeled with ab110262 (10 µg/ml) followed by an AlexaFluor® 488-conjugated-goat-anti-mouse IgG2a isotype specific secondary antibody (1 µg/ml).
HeLa cells were stained with 1 µg/mL ab110262 (blue) or an equal amount of an isotype control antibody (red) and analyzed by flow cytometry.
ab110262 has been referenced in 46 publications.
- Li K et al. Maternally Inherited Diabetes Mellitus Associated with a Novel m.15897G>A Mutation in Mitochondrial tRNAThr Gene. J Diabetes Res 2020:2057187 (2020). PubMed: 32083134
- Protasoni M et al. Respiratory supercomplexes act as a platform for complex III-mediated maturation of human mitochondrial complexes I and IV. EMBO J 39:e102817 (2020). PubMed: 31912925
- Lobo-Jarne T et al. Multiple pathways coordinate assembly of human mitochondrial complex IV and stabilization of respiratory supercomplexes. EMBO J N/A:e103912 (2020). PubMed: 32511785
- Katsu-Jiménez Y et al. Absence of TXNIP in Humans Leads to Lactic Acidosis and Low Serum Methionine Linked to Deficient Respiration on Pyruvate. Diabetes 68:709-723 (2019). PubMed: 30755400
- Sohoni S et al. Elevated Heme Synthesis and Uptake Underpin Intensified Oxidative Metabolism and Tumorigenic Functions in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells. Cancer Res 79:2511-2525 (2019). PubMed: 30902795