Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [16H12H9] to COX5B
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-COX5B antibody [16H12H9]
See all COX5B primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [16H12H9] to COX5B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Tissue, cells or virus. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Isolated mitochondria from Human heart, Bovine heart, Rat heart, and Mouse heart
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110263 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110263 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa.|
FunctionThis protein is one of the nuclear-coded polypeptide chains of cytochrome c oxidase, the terminal oxidase in mitochondrial electron transport.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 5B family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- COX 5B antibody
- COX5B antibody
- COX5B_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-COX5B antibody [16H12H9] (ab110263) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart mitochondria at 5 µg
Lane 2 : Bovine heart mitochondria at 1 µg
Lane 3 : Rat heart mitochondria at 10 µg
Lane 4 : Mouse heart mitochondria at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 14 kDa
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab110263 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab110263, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab110263 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Signes A et al. APOPT1/COA8 assists COX assembly and is oppositely regulated by UPS and ROS. EMBO Mol Med 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30552096
- Ghosh J et al. Cigarette Smoke Toxins-Induced Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Pancreatitis Involves Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Mediated Cyp1 Gene Expression: Protective Effects of Resveratrol. Toxicol Sci 166:428-440 (2018). PubMed: 30165701
- Hasenan SM et al. Modulation of age related protein expression changes by gelam honey in cardiac mitochondrial rats. Exp Gerontol 113:1-9 (2018). PubMed: 30248357
- Anandasadagopan SK et al. ß -Naphthoflavone-Induced Mitochondrial Respiratory Damage in Cyp1 Knockout Mouse and in Cell Culture Systems: Attenuation by Resveratrol Treatment. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017:5213186 (2017). PubMed: 29098061
- Kazak L et al. UCP1 deficiency causes brown fat respiratory chain depletion and sensitizes mitochondria to calcium overload-induced dysfunction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:7981-7986 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28630339