Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CPI-17 (phospho T38)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CPI-17 (phospho T38) antibody
See all CPI-17 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CPI-17 (phospho T38)
Specificityab52174 detects endogenous levels of CPI17a only when phosphorylated at threonine 38.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CPI-17.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab52174 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52174 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa).|
FunctionInhibitor of PPP1CA. Has over 1000-fold higher inhibitory activity when phosphorylated, creating a molecular switch for regulating the phosphorylation status of PPP1CA substrates and smooth muscle contraction.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is detected in aorta and testis. Isoform 2 is detected in aorta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PP1 inhibitor family.
- Information by UniProt
- 17 kDa PKC-potentiated inhibitory protein of PP1 antibody
- 17-KDa protein antibody
- 17kDa PKC potentiated inhibitory protein of PP1 antibody
ab52174 at 1/50 dilution staining CPI-17 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, paraffin embedded tissue, in the presence (right image) and absence (left image) of the immunising peptide.
Western blot analysis of extracts from RAW264.7 cells, using CPI-17 (Phospho-Thr38) (ab52174)Antibody. The lane on the right is treated with the synthesized peptide.
ab52174 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ge J et al. S-adenosyl methionine regulates calcium channels and inhibits uterine smooth muscle contraction in rats with infectious premature delivery through the transient receptor protein 3/protein kinase Cß/C-kinase-activated protein phosphatase-1 inhibitor of 17 kDa signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 16:103-112 (2018). PubMed: 29896230
- Chen J et al. Roles and mechanisms of TRPC3 and the PLC?/PKC/CPI-17 signaling pathway in regulating parturition. Mol Med Rep 17:898-910 (2018). PubMed: 29115500
- Yin Y et al. Expression of MYPT1, CPI-17 and MLC20 in ileum of neonatal mouse NEC model and its significance. Exp Ther Med 14:2221-2227 (2017). PubMed: 28962146
- Kang S et al. Dysfunction of vascular smooth muscle and vascular remodeling by simvastatin. Toxicol Sci 138:446-556 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 24449418