Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CPSF73
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CPSF73 antibody
See all CPSF73 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CPSF73
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide correspondig to a region between residues 634 and 684 of human CPSF73 (NP_057291.1)
- HeLa, 293T and mouse NIH3T3 whole cell lysates
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab72295 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to CPSF73 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72295 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 77 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionComponent of the cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor (CPSF) complex that play a key role in pre-mRNA 3'-end formation, recognizing the AAUAAA signal sequence and interacting with poly(A) polymerase and other factors to bring about cleavage and poly(A) addition. Has endonuclease activity, and functions as mRNA 3'-end-processing endonuclease. Also involved in the histone 3'-end pre-mRNA processing. U7 snRNP-dependent protein that induces both the 3'-endoribonucleolytic cleavage of histone pre-mRNAs and acts as a 5' to 3' exonuclease for degrading the subsequent downstream cleavage product (DCP) of mature histone mRNAs. Cleavage occurs after the 5'-ACCCA-3' sequence in the histone pre-mRNA leaving a 3'hydroxyl group on the upstream fragment containing the stem loop (SL) and 5' phosphate on the downstream cleavage product (DCP) starting with CU nucleotides. The U7-dependent 5' to 3' exonuclease activity is processive and degrades the DCP RNA substrate even after complete removal of the U7-binding site. Binds to the downstream cleavage product (DCP) of histone pre-mRNAs and the cleaved DCP RNA substrate in a U7 snRNP dependent manner.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the metallo-beta-lactamase superfamily. RNA-metabolizing metallo-beta-lactamase-like family. CPSF3 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-462, Lys-465 and Lys-545, preferentially by SUMO3.
- Information by UniProt
- Cleavage and polyadenylation specific factor 3 73kDa antibody
- Cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor 73 kDa subunit antibody
- Cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor subunit 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-CPSF73 antibody (ab72295) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell
lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell
lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell
lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell
lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Mouse NIH3T3 whole cell
lysate at 50 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 77 kDa
Observed band size: 77 kDa
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast carcinoma (left) and mouse teratoma (right) tissues labelling CPSF73 with ab72295 at 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
Detection of CPSF73 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate. Lane 1: ab72295, at 0.1µg/ml, staining CPSF73 in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab72225 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded).br> Lane 2: Control IgG.
Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab72295 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Eaton JD et al. Xrn2 accelerates termination by RNA polymerase II, which is underpinned by CPSF73 activity. Genes Dev 32:127-139 (2018). PubMed: 29432121
- Cardiello JF et al. Heat Shock Causes a Reversible Increase in RNA Polymerase II Occupancy Downstream of mRNA Genes, Consistent with a Global Loss in Transcriptional Termination. Mol Cell Biol 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29967245
- Banerjee A et al. Nuclear poly(A) binding protein 1 (PABPN1) and Matrin3 interact in muscle cells and regulate RNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res 45:10706-10725 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28977530