Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cre recombinase
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Bacteriophage P1
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cre recombinase antibody
See all Cre recombinase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cre recombinase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Bacteriophage P1
Full length protein corresponding to Bacteriophage P1 Cre recombinase aa 1-343. The immunogen was tagged with a 6xHis tag and an S tag.
MSNLLTVHQNLPALPVDATSDEVRKNLMDMFRDRQAFSEHTWKMLLSVCR SWAAWCKLNNRKWFPAEPEDVRDYLLYLQARGLAVKTIQQHLGQLNMLHR RSGLPRPSDSNAVSLVMRRIRKENVDAGERAKQALAFERTDFDQVRSLME NSDRCQDIRNLAFLGIAYNTLLRIAEIARIRVKDISRTDGGRMLIHIGRT KTLVSTAGVEKALSLGVTKLVERWISVSGVADDPNNYLFCRVRKNGVAAP SATSQLSTRALEGIFEATHRLIYGAKDDSGQRYLAWSGHSARVGAARDMA RAGVSIPEIMQAGGWTNVNIVMNYIRNLDSETGAMVRLLEDGD
Database link: P06956
- WB: Human HEK-293T cells transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase cell lysate. ICC/IF: U-2 OS cells transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab190177 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa.|
RelevanceCre-recombinase is a 38 kDa DNA recombinase derived from the P1 bacteriophage. It is highly specific for a 34 bp DNA sequence (loxP) found in P1 DNA. It catalyzes site-specific recombination between two 34-base-pair LOXP sites. Its role is to maintain the phage genome as a monomeric unit-copy plasmid in the lysogenic state. It is homotetramer when bound to DNA and belongs to the "phage" integrase family.
- Cre antibody
- Cyclization recombinase antibody
- Recombinase cre antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cre recombinase antibody (ab190177) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) cell lysate
Lane 2 : HEK-293T cells transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase lysate
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Predicted band size : 26 kDa (GFP) 38 kDa (Cre)= 64 kDa
WB: 40 µg of whole cell extracts transfer in nitrocelullose, block: 1 hour 5% milk in TBST, incubation with primary antibody o/n @ +4°C in 5% milk TBST.
Immunofluorescent analysis of U-2 OS cells (Human bone osteosarcoma epithelial cell line) transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase (green) labeling Cre recombinase with ab190177 at 1/3000 dilution (red). DAPI staining is shown in blue.
ab190177 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Du X et al. Ezh2 ameliorates osteoarthritis by activating TNFSF13B. J Bone Miner Res N/A:N/A (2020). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 31910305
- Lemieux M & Bretzner F Glutamatergic neurons of the gigantocellular reticular nucleus shape locomotor pattern and rhythm in the freely behaving mouse. PLoS Biol 17:e2003880 (2019). ICC . PubMed: 31017885
- Piprek RP et al. Tissue-specific knockout of E-cadherin (Cdh1) in developing mouse gonads causes germ cells loss. Reproduction N/A:N/A (2019). IHC . PubMed: 31100714
- Ma L et al. Spontaneous Pain Disrupts Ventral Hippocampal CA1-Infralimbic Cortex Connectivity and Modulates Pain Progression in Rats with Peripheral Inflammation. Cell Rep 29:1579-1593.e6 (2019). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 31693897
- Piprek RP et al. N-Cadherin Is Critical for the Survival of Germ Cells, the Formation of Steroidogenic Cells, and the Architecture of Developing Mouse Gonads. Cells 8:N/A (2019). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 31835801
- Kent RS et al. Inducible developmental reprogramming redefines commitment to sexual development in the malaria parasite Plasmodium berghei. Nat Microbiol 3:1206-1213 (2018). WB . PubMed: 30177743
- Du X et al. Local GABAergic signaling within sensory ganglia controls peripheral nociceptive transmission. J Clin Invest N/A:N/A (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28375159
- Huang CW et al. Conditional Knockout of Breast Carcinoma Amplified Sequence 2 (BCAS2) in Mouse Forebrain Causes Dendritic Malformation via ß-catenin. Sci Rep 6:34927 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27713508
- Davidson LA et al. Targeted Deletion of p53 in Lgr5-Expressing Intestinal Stem Cells Promotes Colon Tumorigenesis in a Preclinical Model of Colitis-Associated Cancer. Cancer Res 75:5392-7 (2015). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26631266