Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cre recombinase
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Bacteriophage P1
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cre recombinase antibody
See all Cre recombinase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cre recombinase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Bacteriophage P1
Full length protein corresponding to Bacteriophage P1 Cre recombinase aa 1-343. The immunogen was tagged with a 6xHis tag and an S tag.
MSNLLTVHQNLPALPVDATSDEVRKNLMDMFRDRQAFSEHTWKMLLSVCR SWAAWCKLNNRKWFPAEPEDVRDYLLYLQARGLAVKTIQQHLGQLNMLHR RSGLPRPSDSNAVSLVMRRIRKENVDAGERAKQALAFERTDFDQVRSLME NSDRCQDIRNLAFLGIAYNTLLRIAEIARIRVKDISRTDGGRMLIHIGRT KTLVSTAGVEKALSLGVTKLVERWISVSGVADDPNNYLFCRVRKNGVAAP SATSQLSTRALEGIFEATHRLIYGAKDDSGQRYLAWSGHSARVGAARDMA RAGVSIPEIMQAGGWTNVNIVMNYIRNLDSETGAMVRLLEDGD
Database link: P06956
- WB: Human HEK-293T cells transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase cell lysate. ICC/IF: U-2 OS cells transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab190177 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa.|
RelevanceCre-recombinase is a 38 kDa DNA recombinase derived from the P1 bacteriophage. It is highly specific for a 34 bp DNA sequence (loxP) found in P1 DNA. It catalyzes site-specific recombination between two 34-base-pair LOXP sites. Its role is to maintain the phage genome as a monomeric unit-copy plasmid in the lysogenic state. It is homotetramer when bound to DNA and belongs to the "phage" integrase family.
- Cre antibody
- Cyclization recombinase antibody
- Recombinase cre antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cre recombinase antibody (ab190177) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) cell lysate
Lane 2 : HEK-293T cells transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase lysate
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Predicted band size : 26 kDa (GFP) 38 kDa (Cre)= 64 kDa
WB: 40 µg of whole cell extracts transfer in nitrocelullose, block: 1 hour 5% milk in TBST, incubation with primary antibody o/n @ +4°C in 5% milk TBST.
Immunofluorescent analysis of U-2 OS cells (Human bone osteosarcoma epithelial cell line) transfected with GFP-Cre recombinase (green) labeling Cre recombinase with ab190177 at 1/3000 dilution (red). DAPI staining is shown in blue.
ab190177 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Du X et al. Ezh2 ameliorates osteoarthritis by activating TNFSF13B. J Bone Miner Res N/A:N/A (2020). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 31910305
- Dugaucquier L et al. The role of endothelial autocrine NRG1/ERBB4 signaling in cardiac remodeling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 319:H443-H455 (2020). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 32618511
- Lemieux M & Bretzner F Glutamatergic neurons of the gigantocellular reticular nucleus shape locomotor pattern and rhythm in the freely behaving mouse. PLoS Biol 17:e2003880 (2019). ICC . PubMed: 31017885
- Piprek RP et al. Tissue-specific knockout of E-cadherin (Cdh1) in developing mouse gonads causes germ cells loss. Reproduction N/A:N/A (2019). IHC . PubMed: 31100714
- Ma L et al. Spontaneous Pain Disrupts Ventral Hippocampal CA1-Infralimbic Cortex Connectivity and Modulates Pain Progression in Rats with Peripheral Inflammation. Cell Rep 29:1579-1593.e6 (2019). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 31693897
- Piprek RP et al. N-Cadherin Is Critical for the Survival of Germ Cells, the Formation of Steroidogenic Cells, and the Architecture of Developing Mouse Gonads. Cells 8:N/A (2019). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 31835801
- Kent RS et al. Inducible developmental reprogramming redefines commitment to sexual development in the malaria parasite Plasmodium berghei. Nat Microbiol 3:1206-1213 (2018). WB . PubMed: 30177743
- Du X et al. Local GABAergic signaling within sensory ganglia controls peripheral nociceptive transmission. J Clin Invest N/A:N/A (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28375159
- Huang CW et al. Conditional Knockout of Breast Carcinoma Amplified Sequence 2 (BCAS2) in Mouse Forebrain Causes Dendritic Malformation via ß-catenin. Sci Rep 6:34927 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27713508
- Davidson LA et al. Targeted Deletion of p53 in Lgr5-Expressing Intestinal Stem Cells Promotes Colon Tumorigenesis in a Preclinical Model of Colitis-Associated Cancer. Cancer Res 75:5392-7 (2015). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26631266