Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Creatine Kinase MB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Creatine Kinase MB antibody
See all Creatine Kinase MB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Creatine Kinase MB
Specificityab31832 will detect CK-MB,CK-MM and CK-BB
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein (Human).
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 18611857).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceCreatine Kinase MB consists of a dimer of nonidentical chains. With MM being the major form in skeletal muscle and myocardium, MB existing in myocardium, and BB existing in many tissues, especially brain. Creatine Kinase MB reversibly catalyses the transfer of phosphate between ATP and various phosphogens. The creatine kinase isoenzymes play a central role in energy transduction in tissues with large fluctuating energy demands such as skeletal muscle, heart, brain and spermatozoa.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Mitochondrial
- B-CK antibody
- brain creatine kinase antibody
- CKBB antibody
The glutathionylated ~ 45 kDa band is sarcomeric mitochondrial creatine kinase, not a complex I subunit. Mitochondria (20 mg protein/ml) were first incubated with [35S]GSH (40 µCi/ml) in STE for 30 minutes on ice, pelleted, and washed in 250 mM sucrose, 1 mM EGTA, 10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.4. The bovine and rat mitochondria were incubated ± 0.5 mM diamide for 5 minutes at 37ºC and then with 50 mM NEM for a further 5 minutes. Mitochondria were pelleted and complex I was isolated by BN-PAGE and non-reducing SDS-PAGE and electrotransferred onto nitrocellulose. [35GSH]- containing protein bands were detected using a phosphor imager. The membrane was blocked in PBST (PBS, 0.05% (v/v) Tween 20 with 1% (w/v) skimmed milk powder) and incubated with ab31832 at 1.25 µg/ml, for 1–2 hours at room temperature. Blots were incubated with 1/5000–1/10,000 dilutions of the appropriate secondary anti-serum for 1 hour at room temperature, treated with the chemiluminescent reagent (ECL or ECL Plus) and vi
ab31832 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Huang Q et al. Incremental effect of liraglutide on traditional insulin injections in rats with type 2 diabetes mellitus by maintaining glycolipid metabolism and cardiovascular function. Exp Ther Med 17:1863-1869 (2019). PubMed: 30783461
- Li YH et al. Halofuginone protects against advanced glycation end products-induced injury of H9C2 cells via alleviating endoplasmic reticulum stress-associated apoptosis and inducing autophagy. Mol Med Rep 20:3131-3139 (2019). PubMed: 31432112
- Feng F et al. PVT1 regulates inflammation and cardiac function via the MAPK/NF-?B pathway in a sepsis model. Exp Ther Med 16:4471-4478 (2018). PubMed: 30546393
- Hurd TR et al. Complex I within Oxidatively Stressed Bovine Heart Mitochondria Is Glutathionylated on Cys-531 and Cys-704 of the 75-kDa Subunit: POTENTIAL ROLE OF CYS RESIDUES IN DECREASING OXIDATIVE DAMAGE. J Biol Chem 283:24801-15 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18611857