Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E306] to CREB - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CREB antibody [E306] - BSA and Azide free
See all CREB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E306] to CREB - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Synthetic peptide (Human), corresponding to residues before DNA binding motif of human CREB.
- ICC/IF: PC 12 cells. WB: A431 cell lysate. IHC-P: Prostatic carcinoma tissue.
Ab221216 is the carrier-free version of ab32515. This format is designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our carrier-free formats are supplied in a buffer free of BSA, sodium azide and glycerol for higher conjugation efficiency.
Use our conjugation kits for antibody conjugates that are ready-to-use in as little as 20 minutes with <1 minute hands-on-time and 100% antibody recovery: available for fluorescent dyes, HRP, biotin and gold.
ab221216 is compatible with the Maxpar® Antibody Labeling Kit from Fluidigm.
Maxpar® is a trademark of Fluidigm Canada Inc.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab221216 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. CREB stimulates transcription on binding to the CRE. Transcription activation is enhanced by the TORC coactivators which act independently of Ser-133 phosphorylation. Implicated in synchronization of circadian rhythmicity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CREB1 may be a cause of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma (AFH) [MIM:612160]. A distinct variant of malignant fibrous histiocytoma that typically occurs in children and adolescents and is manifest by nodular subcutaneous growth. Characteristic microscopic features include lobulated sheets of histiocyte-like cells intimately associated with areas of hemorrhage and cystic pseudovascular spaces, as well as a striking cuffing of inflammatory cells, mimicking a lymph node metastasis. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CREB1 is found in a patient with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma. Translocation t(2;22)(q33;q12) with CREB1 generates a EWSR1/CREB1 fusion gene that is most common genetic abnormality in this tumor type.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 KID (kinase-inducible) domain.
modificationsStimulated by phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of both Ser-133 and Ser-142 in the SCN regulates the activity of CREB and participates in circadian rhythm generation. Phosphorylation of Ser-133 allows CREBBP binding (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation on Lys-304, but not on Lys-285, is required for nuclear localization of this protein. Sumoylation is enhanced under hypoxia, promoting nuclear localization and stabilization.
- Information by UniProt
- Active transcription factor CREB antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein antibody
Ab32515, at a 1/500 dilution, staining CREB in paraffin embedded human prostatic carcinoma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry.
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation containing PBS, BSA, glycerol, and sodium azide (ab32515).
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab221216 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Pan W et al. Effects of dihydrotestosterone on synaptic plasticity of the hippocampus in mild cognitive impairment male SAMP8 mice. Exp Ther Med 12:1455-1463 (2016). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27588067
- Snow WM et al. Morris Water Maze Training in Mice Elevates Hippocampal Levels of Transcription Factors Nuclear Factor (Erythroid-derived 2)-like 2 and Nuclear Factor Kappa B p65. Front Mol Neurosci 8:70 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26635523
- Oerlecke I et al. Cyclic AMP enhances TGFß responses of breast cancer cells by upregulating TGFß receptor I expression. PLoS One 8:e54261 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23349840
- Wang J et al. Mutual interaction between YAP and CREB promotes tumorigenesis in liver cancer. Hepatology N/A:N/A (2013). Human . PubMed: 23532963
- Ramachandran A et al. Receptor interacting protein kinase 3 is a critical early mediator of acetaminophen-induced hepatocyte necrosis in mice. Hepatology 58:2099-108 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23744808