Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E306] to CREB - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CREB antibody [E306] - BSA and Azide free
See all CREB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E306] to CREB - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Synthetic peptide (Human), corresponding to residues before DNA binding motif of human CREB.
- ICC/IF: PC 12 cells. WB: A431 cell lysate. IHC-P: Prostatic carcinoma tissue.
Ab221216 is the carrier-free version of ab32515. This format is designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our carrier-free formats are supplied in a buffer free of BSA, sodium azide and glycerol for higher conjugation efficiency.
Use our conjugation kits for antibody conjugates that are ready-to-use in as little as 20 minutes with <1 minute hands-on-time and 100% antibody recovery: available for fluorescent dyes, HRP, biotin and gold.
ab221216 is compatible with the Maxpar® Antibody Labeling Kit from Fluidigm.
Maxpar® is a trademark of Fluidigm Canada Inc.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab221216 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. CREB stimulates transcription on binding to the CRE. Transcription activation is enhanced by the TORC coactivators which act independently of Ser-133 phosphorylation. Implicated in synchronization of circadian rhythmicity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CREB1 may be a cause of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma (AFH) [MIM:612160]. A distinct variant of malignant fibrous histiocytoma that typically occurs in children and adolescents and is manifest by nodular subcutaneous growth. Characteristic microscopic features include lobulated sheets of histiocyte-like cells intimately associated with areas of hemorrhage and cystic pseudovascular spaces, as well as a striking cuffing of inflammatory cells, mimicking a lymph node metastasis. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CREB1 is found in a patient with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma. Translocation t(2;22)(q33;q12) with CREB1 generates a EWSR1/CREB1 fusion gene that is most common genetic abnormality in this tumor type.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 KID (kinase-inducible) domain.
modificationsStimulated by phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of both Ser-133 and Ser-142 in the SCN regulates the activity of CREB and participates in circadian rhythm generation. Phosphorylation of Ser-133 allows CREBBP binding (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation on Lys-304, but not on Lys-285, is required for nuclear localization of this protein. Sumoylation is enhanced under hypoxia, promoting nuclear localization and stabilization.
- Information by UniProt
- Active transcription factor CREB antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein antibody
Ab32515, at a 1/500 dilution, staining CREB in paraffin embedded human prostatic carcinoma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry.
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation containing PBS, BSA, glycerol, and sodium azide (ab32515).
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab221216 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Pan W et al. Effects of dihydrotestosterone on synaptic plasticity of the hippocampus in mild cognitive impairment male SAMP8 mice. Exp Ther Med 12:1455-1463 (2016). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27588067
- Snow WM et al. Morris Water Maze Training in Mice Elevates Hippocampal Levels of Transcription Factors Nuclear Factor (Erythroid-derived 2)-like 2 and Nuclear Factor Kappa B p65. Front Mol Neurosci 8:70 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26635523
- Oerlecke I et al. Cyclic AMP enhances TGFß responses of breast cancer cells by upregulating TGFß receptor I expression. PLoS One 8:e54261 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23349840
- Wang J et al. Mutual interaction between YAP and CREB promotes tumorigenesis in liver cancer. Hepatology N/A:N/A (2013). Human . PubMed: 23532963
- Ramachandran A et al. Receptor interacting protein kinase 3 is a critical early mediator of acetaminophen-induced hepatocyte necrosis in mice. Hepatology 58:2099-108 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23744808