Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [LB9] to CREB
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CREB antibody [LB9]
See all CREB primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [LB9] to CREB
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
Predicted to work with: Non human primates
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human CREB aa 1-341.
MTMESGAENQ QSGDAAVTEA ENQQMTVQAQ PQIATLAQVS MPAAHATSSA PTVTLVQLPN GQTVQVHGVI QAAQPSVIQS PQVQTVQSSC KDLKRLFSGT QISTIAESED SQESVDSVTD SQKRREILSR RPSYRKILND LSSDAPGVPR IEEEKSEEET SAPAITTVTV PTPIYQTSSG QYIAITQGGA IQLANNGTDG VQGLQTLTMT NAAATQPGTT ILQYAQTTDG QQILVPSNQV VVQAASGDVQ TYQIRTAPTS TIAPGVVMAS SPALPTQPAE EAARKREVRL MKNREAAREC RRKKKEYVKC LENRVAVLEN QNKTLIEELK ALKDLYCHKS D
Database link: P16220
- HeLa cells; Human bladder and rectal cancer tissues; Human tonsil tissue; Human HeLa, 293T, HepG2, A431, A549, K562, MCF7 and U2Os whole cell lysates; Mouse MEF, 3T3L1 and C2C12 whole cell lyastes; Rat NRK whole cell lysate; Monkey COS7 whole cell lysate.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab178322 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Suggested use 2 μg.
|IHC-P||1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. CREB stimulates transcription on binding to the CRE. Transcription activation is enhanced by the TORC coactivators which act independently of Ser-133 phosphorylation. Implicated in synchronization of circadian rhythmicity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CREB1 may be a cause of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma (AFH) [MIM:612160]. A distinct variant of malignant fibrous histiocytoma that typically occurs in children and adolescents and is manifest by nodular subcutaneous growth. Characteristic microscopic features include lobulated sheets of histiocyte-like cells intimately associated with areas of hemorrhage and cystic pseudovascular spaces, as well as a striking cuffing of inflammatory cells, mimicking a lymph node metastasis. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CREB1 is found in a patient with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma. Translocation t(2;22)(q33;q12) with CREB1 generates a EWSR1/CREB1 fusion gene that is most common genetic abnormality in this tumor type.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 KID (kinase-inducible) domain.
modificationsStimulated by phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of both Ser-133 and Ser-142 in the SCN regulates the activity of CREB and participates in circadian rhythm generation. Phosphorylation of Ser-133 allows CREBBP binding (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation on Lys-304, but not on Lys-285, is required for nuclear localization of this protein. Sumoylation is enhanced under hypoxia, promoting nuclear localization and stabilization.
- Information by UniProt
- Active transcription factor CREB antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: CREB knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: A431 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab178322 observed at 44 kDa. Red - loading control, ab18058, observed at 124 kDa.
ab178322 was shown to recognize CREB when CREB knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and CREB knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab178322 and ab18058 (loading control to Vinculin) were diluted at 1/250 and 1/10,000 dilution respectively and incubated overnight at 4C. Blots were developed with IRDye® 800CW Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H + L) and IRDye® 680 Goat anti-Mouse IgG (H + L) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-CREB antibody [LB9] (ab178322) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : A549 whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : MEF whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : MCF7 whole cell lysate
Lane 7 : U2OS whole cell lysate
Lane 8 : K562 whole cell lysate
Lane 9 : COS7 whole cell lysate
Lane 10 : 3T3L1 whole cell lysate
Lane 11 : C2C12 whole cell lysate
Lane 12 : NRK whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-mouse-HRP at 1/20000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of deparaffinized Human tonsil tissue labeling CREB with ab178322 at 1/100 dilution followed by DAB staining.
Immunoprecipitation analysis of CREB was performed on untreated 293T cells. The antigen:antbody complex was formed by binding 500μg whole cell lysate with 2μg ab178322 and captured on 50μl Protein A/G Plus Agarose.
Lane 1: 293T lysate
Lane 2: IP of 293T lysate
WB detection used ab178322 at 1/1000 followed with a goat anti-mouse-HRP secondary antibody at 1/20,000.
Immunohistochemical analysis of deparaffinized Human bladder cancer (left) and rectal cancer (right) tissues labeling CREB with ab178322 at 1/200 dilution followed by DAB staining.
Immunofluorescent analysis of untreated HeLa cells (formalin-fixed, 0.1% Triton X-100 permeabilized) labeling CREB with ab178322 at 1/400 dilution (green) followed with DyLight 488 goat anti-mouse IgG secondary antibody at 1/400 dilution. Nuclei (blue) were stained with Hoechst 33342 dye.
Immunofluorescent analysis of untreated HeLa cells (formalin-fixed, 0.1% Triton X-100 permeabilized) labeling CREB with ab178322 at 1/500 dilution (green) followed with DyLight 488 goat anti-mouse IgG secondary antibody at 1/400 dilution. Nuclei (blue) were stained with Hoechst 33342 dye.
ab178322 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Tabassum S et al. Jujuboside A prevents sleep loss-induced disturbance of hippocampal neuronal excitability and memory impairment in young APP/PS1 mice. Sci Rep 9:4512 (2019). PubMed: 30872728
- Li X et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 regulates proliferation, migration, tyrosinase activity, and melanin production in B16-F10 melanoma cells via the essential regulator p-CREB. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 55:416-425 (2019). PubMed: 31069610
- Li Z et al. Long non-coding RNA UCA1 confers tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer endocrinotherapy through regulation of the EZH2/p21 axis and the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Int J Oncol 54:1033-1042 (2019). PubMed: 30628639
- Li D et al. Neuroprotection of reduced thyroid hormone with increased estrogen and progestogen in postpartum depression. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31406011
- Yamanaka R et al. GABA-Induced Intracellular Mg2+ Mobilization Integrates and Coordinates Cellular Information Processing for the Maturation of Neural Networks. Curr Biol 28:3984-3991.e5 (2018). PubMed: 30528584
- Sahu SK et al. MicroRNA 26a (miR-26a)/KLF4 and CREB-C/EBPß regulate innate immune signaling, the polarization of macrophages and the trafficking of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to lysosomes during infection. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006410 (2017). PubMed: 28558034
- Riaz MA et al. Clusterin signals via ApoER2/VLDLR and induces meiosis of male germ cells. Am J Transl Res 9:1266-1276 (2017). PubMed: 28386352