Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CREB (phospho S129 + S133)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CREB (phospho S129 + S133) antibody
See all CREB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CREB (phospho S129 + S133)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide (Human).
- NIH3T3 cells with and without PDGF stimulation; Y-1 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
PBS is Ca2+ and Mg2+ free
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a spanning peptide corresponding to the cleavage-site to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated CREB. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a CREB-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at serines 129 and 133.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10564 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).|
FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. CREB stimulates transcription on binding to the CRE. Transcription activation is enhanced by the TORC coactivators which act independently of Ser-133 phosphorylation. Implicated in synchronization of circadian rhythmicity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CREB1 may be a cause of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma (AFH) [MIM:612160]. A distinct variant of malignant fibrous histiocytoma that typically occurs in children and adolescents and is manifest by nodular subcutaneous growth. Characteristic microscopic features include lobulated sheets of histiocyte-like cells intimately associated with areas of hemorrhage and cystic pseudovascular spaces, as well as a striking cuffing of inflammatory cells, mimicking a lymph node metastasis. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CREB1 is found in a patient with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma. Translocation t(2;22)(q33;q12) with CREB1 generates a EWSR1/CREB1 fusion gene that is most common genetic abnormality in this tumor type.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 KID (kinase-inducible) domain.
modificationsStimulated by phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of both Ser-133 and Ser-142 in the SCN regulates the activity of CREB and participates in circadian rhythm generation. Phosphorylation of Ser-133 allows CREBBP binding (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation on Lys-304, but not on Lys-285, is required for nuclear localization of this protein. Sumoylation is enhanced under hypoxia, promoting nuclear localization and stabilization.
- Information by UniProt
- Active transcription factor CREB antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein antibody
TPeptide Competition and Phosphatase Treatment: Lysates prepared from NIH3T3 cells stimulated with PDGF were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were either left untreated (1-5) or treated with lambda phosphatase (6), blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer for one hour at room temperature, and incubated with ab10564 antibody for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2, 6), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a generic phosphoserine-containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate and bands were detected using the chemilumiescence. The data show that the peptide corresponding to ab10564 blocks the antibody signal. The data also show that phosphatase stripping eliminates the signal, verifying that the antibody is phospho-specific. TPeptide Competition and
Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen section) staining of CREB (phospho S129 + S133) in the mouse cortex. Samples were fixed with paraformaldehyde and ab10564 was used at 1/1000 for 18 hours at 25ºC. An Alexa Fluor®568 conjugated donkey anti-Rabbit secondary was used at 1/1000.
ab10564 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Peres RS et al. TGF-ß signalling defect is linked to low CD39 expression on regulatory T cells and methotrexate resistance in rheumatoid arthritis. J Autoimmun 90:49-58 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29426578
- Zimmermann HR et al. Genetic removal of eIF2a kinase PERK in mice enables hippocampal L-LTP independent of mTORC1 activity. J Neurochem 146:133-144 (2018). PubMed: 29337352
- Sun Z et al. Norepinephrine inhibits the cytotoxicity of NK92-MI cells via the ß2-adrenoceptor/cAMP/PKA/p-CREB signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:8530-8535 (2018). PubMed: 29658580
- Su Y et al. Receptor desensitization and blockade of the suppressive effects of prostaglandin E(2) and adenosine on the cytotoxic activity of human melanoma-infiltrating T lymphocytes. Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:111-22 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20960188
- Harmon EB et al. Beta-adrenergic receptor activation in immortalized human urothelial cells stimulates inflammatory responses by PKA-independent mechanisms. Cell Commun Signal 3:10 (2005). WB . PubMed: 16091148