Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42454 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
RelevanceThis gene encodes a transcription factor that is a member of the leucine zipper family of DNA binding proteins. This protein binds to the cAMP-responsive element, an octameric palindrome. The protein interacts with host cell factor C1, which also associates with the herpes simplex virus (HSV) protein VP16 that induces transcription of HSV immediate-early genes. This protein and VP16 both bind to the same site on host cell factor C1. It is thought that the interaction between this protein and host cell factor C1 plays a role in the establishment of latency during HSV infection. An additional transcript variant has been identified, but its biological validity has not been determined.
Cellular localizationIsoform 2: Endoplasmic reticulum membrane; Single-pass type II membrane protein. Membrane. Isoform 3: Nucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Basic leucine zipper protein antibody
- cAMP responsive element binding protein 3 antibody
- Clic AMP responsive element binding protein 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-CREB3 antibody (ab42454) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MW Markers
Lane 2 : Jurkat Cell lysate at 10 µg
All lanes : HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Suggested dilution of 0.5µg/ml in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer. Gel concentration of 12%.
This product has been referenced in:
- Xue H et al. A Novel Tumor-promoting Mechanism of IL6 and the Therapeutic Efficacy of Tocilizumab: Hypoxia-induced IL6 Is a Potent Autophagy Initiator in Glioblastoma via the p-STAT3-MIR155-3p-CREBRF Pathway. Autophagy N/A:0 (2016). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 27163161) »
- Reiling JH et al. A CREB3-ARF4 signalling pathway mediates the response to Golgi stress and susceptibility to pathogens. Nat Cell Biol 15:1473-85 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24185178) »