Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CREBBP
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CREBBP antibody
See all CREBBP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CREBBP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Non human primates
- HeLa cell lysate. IHC-P: human pancreas FFPE tissue sections
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesCyclic AMP-responsive enhancer binding protein (CREB) binding protein (CBP) and p300 are closely related transcriptional coactivators that have been shown to directly interact with many different DNA-binding transcription factors including nuclear hormone receptors, CREB (cyclic AMP-responsive enhancer binding protein), c-Fos, c-Jun/v-Jun, c-Myb/v-Myb, TFIIB and MyoD.Both CBP and p300 have been shown to display histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity, capable of acetylating all four core histone particles in nucleosomes.As a result of HAT activity, it has been suggested CBP and p300 may play a direct role in activating chromatin for transcription.Single point mutations in CBP have been proposed as causative factors in the developmental abnormalities of Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome (RTS).Although both CBP and p300 appear to function similarly, the inability of p300 to rescue CBP malfunction iRTS suggests intrinsic functional differences between CBP and p300.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2832 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 265 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 265 kDa).|
FunctionAcetylates histones, giving a specific tag for transcriptional activation. Also acetylates non-histone proteins, like NCOA3 coactivator. Binds specifically to phosphorylated CREB and enhances its transcriptional activity toward cAMP-responsive genes. Acts as a coactivator of ALX1 in the presence of EP300.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Chromosomal aberrations involving CREBBP may be a cause of acute myeloid leukemias. Translocation t(8;16)(p11;p13) with MYST3/MOZ; translocation t(11;16)(q23;p13.3) with MLL/HRX; translocation t(10;16)(q22;p13) with MYST4/MORF. MYST3-CREBBP may induce leukemia by inhibiting RUNX1-mediated transcription.
Defects in CREBBP are a cause of Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome type 1 (RSTS1) [MIM:180849]. RSTS1 is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by craniofacial abnormalities, broad thumbs, broad big toes, mental retardation and a propensity for development of malignancies.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 bromo domain.
Contains 1 KIX domain.
Contains 2 TAZ-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 ZZ-type zinc finger.
DomainThe KIX domain mediates binding to HIV-1 Tat.
modificationsMethylation of the KIX domain by CARM1 blocks association with CREB. This results in the blockade of CREB signaling, and in activation of apoptotic response.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylation negatively regulates transcriptional activity via the recruitment of DAAX.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Recruited to nuclear bodies by SS18L1/CREST. In the presence of ALX1 relocalizes from the cytoplasm to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- CBP antibody
- CBP_HUMAN antibody
- CREB binding protein antibody
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, labeling CREBBP with ab2832 (right) compared with a negative control without ab2832 (left). Cells were formalin fixed, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5-10 minutes, and blocked with 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cells were incubated with anti-KAT3A/CBP diluted 1/100 in 3% BSA/PBS overnight at 4°C. Actin was stained using Alexa Fluor 554 (red) and nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue). The nuclear localization of KAT3A/CBP can be observed (green).
Immunofluorescent analysis of NIH-3T3 cells, labeling CREBBP with ab2832 (right) compared with a negative control without ab2832 (left). Cells were formalin fixed, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5-10 minutes, and blocked with 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cells were incubated with anti-KAT3A/CBP diluted 1/100 in 3% BSA/PBS overnight at 4°C. Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
ab2832 using HeLa cell lysate. ab2832 using HeLa cell lysate.
ab2832 has been referenced in 47 publications.
- Lee W et al. Dual peptide-dendrimer conjugate inhibits acetylation of transforming growth factor ß-induced protein and improves survival in sepsis. Biomaterials 246:120000 (2020). PubMed: 32247936
- Xian D & Zhao Y LncRNA KCNQ1OT1 enhanced the methotrexate resistance of colorectal cancer cells by regulating miR-760/PPP1R1B via the cAMP signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med 23:3808-3823 (2019). PubMed: 30997746
- Ding H et al. Systematic Analysis of Drug Vulnerabilities Conferred by Tumor Suppressor Loss. Cell Rep 27:3331-3344.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31189115
- Dong H et al. Activation of LncRNA TINCR by H3K27 acetylation promotes Trastuzumab resistance and epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting MicroRNA-125b in breast Cancer. Mol Cancer 18:3 (2019). PubMed: 30621694
- Chen F et al. lncRNA PLAC2 activated by H3K27 acetylation promotes cell proliferation and invasion via the activation of Wnt/ß-catenin pathway in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol 54:1183-1194 (2019). PubMed: 30720068