Product nameCresyl Violet Stain Solution (1%)
See all Nissl substance reagents
Cresyl Violet Stain Solution (1%) ab246817 is designed for staining Nissl substance in neurons on formalin fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue. Nissl granules are purple, nuclei of neuroglia and endothelial cells are slightly bluer than Nissl granules.
Nissl Substance: Violet.
Neuroglia Nuclei: Violet to Dark Blue.
Control Tissue: Cerebral Cortex
Working Solutions: If preferred, reagent may be diluted up to 1:10 with Deionized water just before use.
1. Deparaffinize sections and hydrate to distilled water.
2. Apply Cresyl Violet Acetate solution (or working solution) to tissue for 3-5 minutes
3. Rinse quickly in 1 change of distilled water.
4. Dehydrate quickly in absolute alcohol. (Alcohol may remove stain from tissue over time).
5. Clear in Xylene or Xylene substitute and mount in synthetic resin.
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.2% Acetic acid, 1% Cresyl Violet Acetate
Concentration information loading...
ab246817 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.