Product nameAnti-CRF antibody
See all CRF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CRF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: RIA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Rat CRF aa 1-41. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P01143
- IHC-P: Rat brain tissue; Human placenta tissue.
This product was previously labelled as Corticotropin Releasing Factor , Corticotropin Releasing Factor
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferLiquid antiserum
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8901 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceCRF precursor is a 41-amino acid peptide derived from a 196-amino acid preprohormone. CRF is a neuroendocrine hormone secreted by the paraventricular nucleus (PVN) of the hypothalamus and is a key player in the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis. It is also synthesized in peripheral tissues, such as T lymphocytes and is highly expressed in the placenta. Neuronal CRF is important in a variety of diverse roles including, memory, depression, stress, kidney function, parturition, metabolism and feeding (to mention a few).
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Secreted
- Corticoliberin antibody
- Corticotropin releasing factor antibody
- Corticotropin releasing hormone antibody
Ab8901 staining CRF in Human placenta tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 2% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/4000 in blocking buffer) for 16 hours at 21°C. A diluted Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat brain tissue, staining CRF with ab8901.
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.01% Triton X-100 and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer (pH 6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in diluent) for 24 hours at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®594-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody. The figure on the left is a secondary only control.
Radioimmunoassay using ab8901
- Day 1: Add Recombinant Protein A/G (10ug/ml) to a 96 wells plate; parafilm wrap; incubate overnight at 4°C.
- Day 2: Aspirate and wash the plate to remove loosely bound Protein A/G; add antibody solution (dilution 1:50000); parafilm wrap; incubate 24h at 4°C.
- Day 3: Aspirate and wash the plate to remove loosely bound antibody; add CRF standard (0, 0.03, 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, 30 ng/ml); parafilm wrap; incubate 24h at 4°C.
- Day 4: DO NOT ASPIRATE; add 125I-CRF; incubate 24h at 4°C.
- Day 5: Aspirate and wash the plate; break the plate and collect the wells in scintillation tubes; add 2ml of scintillation liquid; count in beta counter (open the 3H window to at least 30-40 keV), at least 2min/tube.
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang Y et al. Effects of Shugan Hewei Granule on Depressive Behavior and Protein Expression Related to Visceral Sensitivity in a Rat Model of Nonerosive Reflux Disease. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:1505693 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30719054) »
- Tao X et al. In vitro examination of microglia-neuron crosstalk with BV2 cells, and primary cultures of glia and hypothalamic neurons. Heliyon 4:e00730 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30148218) »