Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8E5] to CSNK2A1
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-CSNK2A1 antibody [8E5]
See all CSNK2A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8E5] to CSNK2A1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Xenopus laevis
Recombinant full length protein (His-tag) corresponding to Human CSNK2A1.
- Jurkat T cell lysate
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 18th September 2017. Lot numbers higher than GR314900 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
This product was previously labelled as CKII alpha
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, HEPES
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Light chain typekappa
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70774 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCasein kinases are operationally defined by their preferential utilization of acidic proteins such as caseins as substrates. The alpha and alpha' chains contain the catalytic site. Participates in Wnt signaling. CK2 phosphorylates 'Ser-392' of p53/TP53 following UV irradiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CK2 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Casein kinase 2 alpha 1 polypeptide antibody
- Casein kinase II alpha 1 antibody
- Casein kinase II alpha 1 subunit antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: CSNK2A1 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: Jurkat cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab70774 observed at 44 kDa. Red - loading control, ab181602, observed at 37 kDa.
ab70774 was shown to recognize CSNK2A1 when CSNK2A1 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and CSNK2A1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab70774 and ab181602 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted at 1/2000 and 1/10 000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216772) and Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216777) secondary antibodies at 1/10 000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
ab70774 (4µg/ml) staining CSNK2A1 in human cerebellum, using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is nuclear and cytoplasmic staining of purkinje cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
All lanes : Anti-CSNK2A1 antibody [8E5] (ab70774) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat T cell lysate
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Lane 4 : C6 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab70774 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab70774, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in Hela cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab70774 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Liang QX et al. Ablation of beta subunit of protein kinase CK2 in mouse oocytes causes follicle atresia and premature ovarian failure. Cell Death Dis 9:508 (2018). PubMed: 29725001
- Bastian C et al. CK2 inhibition confers functional protection to young and aging axons against ischemia by differentially regulating the CDK5 and AKT signaling pathways. Neurobiol Dis N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29944965
- Yoon S et al. PP2A negatively regulates the hypertrophic response by dephosphorylating HDAC2 S394 in the heart. Exp Mol Med 50:83 (2018). PubMed: 30050113
- Viscarra JA et al. Transcriptional activation of lipogenesis by insulin requires phosphorylation of MED17 by CK2. Sci Signal 10:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28223413
- Ju J et al. NatD promotes lung cancer progression by preventing histone H4 serine phosphorylation to activate Slug expression. Nat Commun 8:928 (2017). PubMed: 29030587
- Sgrò F et al. Tissue-specific control of midbody microtubule stability by Citron kinase through modulation of TUBB3 phosphorylation. Cell Death Differ 23:801-13 (2016). PubMed: 26586574
- Basnet H et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of histone H2A by CK2 regulates transcriptional elongation. Nature N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25252977
- McFarland TP et al. The cytosolic protein kinase CK2 phosphorylates cardiac calsequestrin in intact cells. Mol Cell Biochem 353:81-91 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21431367