Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CSNK2A1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CSNK2A1 antibody
See all CSNK2A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CSNK2A1
SpecificityReacts with alpha subunit.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis
The immunogen was a synthetic peptide, which represented a portion of human casein kinase 2, alpha 1 polypeptide encoded within exon 3 (LocusLink ID 1457).
- RIPA extract from HeLa cells treated with CSNK2A1 siRNA or vimentin siRNA.
This product was previously labelled as CKII alpha
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were affinity purified using the peptide immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10466 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
FunctionCasein kinases are operationally defined by their preferential utilization of acidic proteins such as caseins as substrates. The alpha and alpha' chains contain the catalytic site. Participates in Wnt signaling. CK2 phosphorylates 'Ser-392' of p53/TP53 following UV irradiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CK2 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Casein kinase 2 alpha 1 polypeptide antibody
- Casein kinase II alpha 1 antibody
- Casein kinase II alpha 1 subunit antibody
All lanes : Anti-CSNK2A1 antibody (ab10466) at 1/2500 dilution
Lane 1 : Y79 (Human retinoblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
All lanes : Anti-CSNK2A1 antibody (ab10466) at 1/5000 dilution (LI-COR Blocker (1:1) in PBS + 0.1% Tween for 3 hours)
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate of HeLa cells
Lane 2 : siRNA to CK2 alpha in HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : An Alexa Fluor®680-conjugated Goat anti-rabit polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Blocking Step: 50% LI-COR® Odyssey® Blocking Buffer for 45 minutes at room temperature.
All non-specific bands were very weak.
ab10466 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Mohl BP & Roy P Hsp90 Chaperones Bluetongue Virus Proteins and Prevents Proteasomal Degradation. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31375577
- Mohl BP & Roy P Cellular Casein Kinase 2 and Protein Phosphatase 2A Modulate Replication Site Assembly of Bluetongue Virus. J Biol Chem 291:14566-74 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27226558
- Herhaus L et al. Casein kinase 2 (CK2) phosphorylates the deubiquitylase OTUB1 at Ser16 to trigger its nuclear localization. Sci Signal 8:ra35 (2015). PubMed: 25872870
- Cao JY et al. Identification of a novel protein interaction motif in the regulatory subunit of casein kinase 2. Mol Cell Biol 34:246-58 (2014). PubMed: 24216761
- Jarboui MA et al. Nucleolar Protein Trafficking in Response to HIV-1 Tat: Rewiring the Nucleolus. PLoS One 7:e48702 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23166591
- Sarkari F et al. The Herpesvirus Associated Ubiquitin Specific Protease, USP7, Is a Negative Regulator of PML Proteins and PML Nuclear Bodies. PLoS One 6:e16598 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21305000
- Sivachandran N et al. Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1 Hijacks the host kinase CK2 to disrupt PML nuclear bodies. J Virol 84:11113-23 (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20719947
- Jacks KA & Koch CA Differential regulation of mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1 and -2 (MSK1 and MSK2) by CK2 following UV radiation. J Biol Chem 285:1661-70 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19933278
- Sarker R et al. Casein kinase 2 binds to the C terminus of Na+/H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) and stimulates NHE3 basal activity by phosphorylating a separate site in NHE3. Mol Biol Cell 19:3859-70 (2008). WB . PubMed: 18614797