Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CstF-64
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CstF-64 antibody
See all CstF-64 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CstF-64
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CstF-64 aa 375-425.
Database link: NP_001316.1
- HeLa whole cell lysate This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde/methanol fixed cell lines: MCF-7/HepG2. IHC-P: FFPE human testis tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab72297 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to CstF-64 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72297 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionOne of the multiple factors required for polyadenylation and 3'-end cleavage of mammalian pre-mRNAs. This subunit is directly involved in the binding to pre-mRNAs.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Localized with DDX1 in cleavage bodies.
- Information by UniProt
- betaCstF 64 variant 2 antibody
- CF-1 64 kDa subunit antibody
- CF1 64 kDa subunit antibody
All lanes : Anti-CstF-64 antibody (ab72297) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 10 seconds
Detection of human CstF-64 by Immunoprecipitation using whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), and ab72297 at 3 µg/mg lysate. Subsequent WB detection was performed using ab72297 at 0.1 µg/ml. Detection was by chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 3 seconds.
ab72297 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Ko SH et al. Interference of DNAJB6/MRJ Isoform Switch by Morpholino Inhibits Replication of HIV-1 and RSV. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 14:251-261 (2019). PubMed: 30641477
- Kim C et al. Regulation of post-translational protein arginine methylation during HeLa cell cycle. Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:977-85 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20541591