Product nameAnti-CTBP2 antibody [EPR7611(B)]
See all CTBP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7611(B)] to CTBP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human CTBP2 aa 400-500 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa, SKBR-3 and Saos 2 cell lysates; Human thyroid carcinoma tissue; SKBR-3 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128871 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionCorepressor targeting diverse transcription regulators. Functions in brown adipose tissue (BAT) differentiation.
Isoform 2 probably acts as a scaffold for specialized synapses.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest levels in heart, skeletal muscle, and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the D-isomer specific 2-hydroxyacid dehydrogenase family.
modificationsIsoform 2 is phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR at Thr-179; Ser-181 and Ser-185. Phosphorylation by HIPK2 on Ser-428 induces proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cell junction > synapse.
- Information by UniProt
- C terminal binding protein 2 antibody
- C-terminal-binding protein 2 antibody
- CtBP2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-CTBP2 antibody [EPR7611(B)] (ab128871) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : SKBR-3 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Saos 2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat-anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
ab128871 at 1/250 dilution staining CTBP2 in Paraffin-embedded Human thyroid carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab128871 at 1/100 dilution staining CTBP2 in SKBR-3 cells by Immunofluorescence.
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang H et al. Decreased levels of superoxide dismutase in inner pillar cells contribute to ribbon synapse impairment in presbycusis. Am J Transl Res 11:2403-2412 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31105846) »
- Crespo-Garcia S et al. Individual and temporal variability of the retina after chronic bilateral common carotid artery occlusion (BCCAO). PLoS One 13:e0193961 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29547662) »