Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CtIP
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CtIP antibody
See all CtIP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CtIP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig, Chimpanzee, Baboon, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide within Human CtIP aa 850-897 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary. (NP_002885.1).
Database link: Q99708
- MCF7 and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70163 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionEndonuclease that cooperates with the MRE11-RAD50-NBN (MRN) complex in processing meiotic and mitotic double-strand breaks (DSBs) by ensuring both resection and intrachromosomal association of the broken ends. Functions downstream of the MRN complex and ATM, promotes ATR activation and its recruitment to DSBs in the S/G2 phase facilitating the generation of ssDNA. Component of the BRCA1-RBBP8 complex that regulates CHEK1 activation and controls cell cycle G2/M checkpoints on DNA damage. Promotes microhomology-mediated alternative end joining (A-NHEJ) during class-switch recombination and plays an essential role in chromosomal translocations.
Involvement in diseaseSeckel syndrome 2
Genetic variability in RBBP8 is noted as a factor in BRCA1-associated breast cancer risk (PubMed:21799032). Exhibits sensitivity to tamoxifen in certain breast cancer cell lines (PubMed:18171986).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the COM1/SAE2/CtIP family.
DomainThe PXDLS motif binds to a cleft in CtBP proteins.
The damage-recruitment motif is required for DNA binding and translocation to sites of DNA damage.
modificationsAcetylated. Deacetylation by SIRT6 upon DNA damage promotes DNA end resection.
Hyperphosphorylation upon ionizing radiation results in dissociation from BRCA1. Phosphorylation at Thr-847 by CDK1 is essential for the recruitment to DNA and the DNA repair function. Phosphorylated on Ser-327 as cells enter G2 phase. This phosphorylation is required for binding BRCA1 and for the G2/M DNA damage transition checkpoint control.
Ubiquitinated (PubMed:14654780, PubMed:16818604). Ubiquitination at multiple sites by BRCA1 (via its N-terminal RING domain) does not lead to its proteosomal degradation but instead the ubiquitinated RBBP8 binds to chromatin following DNA damage and may play a role in G2/M checkpoint control (PubMed:16818604). Ubiquitinated by RNF138 at its N-terminus (PubMed:26502057).
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Associates with sites of DNA damage in S/G2 phase (PubMed:10764811). Ubiquitinated RBBP8 binds to chromatin following DNA damage (PubMed:16818604).
- Information by UniProt
- COM1 antibody
- COM1_HUMAN antibody
- CtBP interacting protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-CtIP antibody (ab70163) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MCF7 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : MCF7 whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : MCF7 whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 102 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
CtIP was immunoprecipitated from 293T cells using NETN lysis buffer with ab70163 at 2ug/mg of lysate.
Chemiluminescence with an exposure time: 3 minutes
ab70163 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Batenburg NL et al. CSB interacts with BRCA1 in late S/G2 to promote MRN- and CtIP-mediated DNA end resection. Nucleic Acids Res 47:10678-10692 (2019). PubMed: 31501894
- Saquilabon Cruz GM et al. Femtosecond near-infrared laser microirradiation reveals a crucial role for PARP signaling on factor assemblies at DNA damage sites. Nucleic Acids Res 44:e27 (2016). ICC/IF . PubMed: 26424850
- Xu G et al. REV7 counteracts DNA double-strand break resection and affects PARP inhibition. Nature 521:541-544 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25799992
- Silva BA et al. DNA damage to a single chromosome end delays anaphase onset. J Biol Chem 289:22771-84 (2014). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24982423
- Xu J et al. APE1 is dispensable for S-region cleavage but required for its repair in class switch recombination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:17242-7 (2014). PubMed: 25404348
- Huang JW et al. Systematic screen identifies miRNAs that target RAD51 and RAD51D to enhance chemosensitivity. Mol Cancer Res 11:1564-73 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24088786
- Mao Z et al. Sirtuin 6 (SIRT6) rescues the decline of homologous recombination repair during replicative senescence. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:11800-5 (2012). PubMed: 22753495
- Coleman KA & Greenberg RA The BRCA1-RAP80 complex regulates DNA repair mechanism utilization by restricting end resection. J Biol Chem 286:13669-80 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21335604
- Palijan A et al. Ligand-dependent corepressor LCoR is an attenuator of progesterone-regulated gene expression. J Biol Chem 284:30275-87 (2009). PubMed: 19744932