Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ctip2
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28448 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 125,130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 96 kDa).|
FunctionTumor-suppressor protein involved in T-cell lymphomas. May function on the P53-signaling pathway. May be a key regulator of both differentiation and survival during thymocyte development. Repress transcription through direct, TFCOUP2-independent binding to a GC-rich response element.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain and in malignant T-cell lines derived from patients with adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma.
Sequence similaritiesContains 6 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Information by UniProt
- ATL1 alpha antibody
- ATL1 antibody
- ATL1 beta antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ctip2 antibody (ab28448) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 96 kDa
Observed band size: 125,130 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Ctip2 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Jurkat whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Ctip2 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Jurkat whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab28448.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Bands: 125, 130kDa: Ctip2.
ab28448 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Lee FHF et al. Altered cortical Cytoarchitecture in the Fmr1 knockout mouse. Mol Brain 12:56 (2019). PubMed: 31200759
- Bittermann E et al. Differential requirements of tubulin genes in mammalian forebrain development. PLoS Genet 15:e1008243 (2019). PubMed: 31386652
- Saxena M et al. Perturbation of canonical and non-canonical BMP signaling affects migration, polarity and dendritogenesis of mouse cortical neurons. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29180570
- Maskari RA et al. Functional characterization of common BCL11B gene desert variants suggests a lymphocyte-mediated association of BCL11B with aortic stiffness. Eur J Hum Genet 26:1648-1657 (2018). PubMed: 30089823
- Kreutz A & Barger N Maximizing Explanatory Power in Stereological Data Collection: A Protocol for Reliably Integrating Optical Fractionator and Multiple Immunofluorescence Techniques. Front Neuroanat 12:73 (2018). PubMed: 30425623