Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1793Y] to CTNNA1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CTNNA1 antibody [EP1793Y] - Low endotoxin, Azide free
See all CTNNA1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1793Y] to CTNNA1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- HeLa cell lysate, human breast carcinoma tissue.
ab226010 is a carrier-free antibody designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our Low endotoxin, azide-free formats have low endotoxin level (≤ 1 EU/ml, determined by the LAL assay) and are free from azide, to achieve consistent experimental results in functional assays.
This product was previously labelled as alpha 1 Catenin
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab226010 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa).|
FunctionAssociates with the cytoplasmic domain of a variety of cadherins. The association of catenins to cadherins produces a complex which is linked to the actin filament network, and which seems to be of primary importance for cadherins cell-adhesion properties. Can associate with both E- and N-cadherins. Originally believed to be a stable component of E-cadherin/catenin adhesion complexes and to mediate the linkage of cadherins to the actin cytoskeleton at adherens junctions. In contrast, cortical actin was found to be much more dynamic than E-cadherin/catenin complexes and CTNNA1 was shown not to bind to F-actin when assembled in the complex suggesting a different linkage between actin and adherens junctions components. The homodimeric form may regulate actin filament assembly and inhibit actin branching by competing with the Arp2/3 complex for binding to actin filaments. May play a crucial role in cell differentiation.
Tissue specificityExpressed ubiquitously in normal tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the vinculin/alpha-catenin family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell junction > adherens junction. Cell membrane. Cell junction. Found at cell-cell boundaries and probably at cell-matrix boundaries.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha E-catenin antibody
- Cadherin associated protein 102kDa antibody
- Cadherin associated protein antibody
This WB data was generated using the same anti-CTNNA1 antibody clone [EP1793Y] in a different buffer formulation (cat# ab51032).
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: CTNNA1 HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HEK293 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
ab51032 was shown to recognize CTNNA1 in wild-type cells as signal was lost at the expected MW in CTNNA1 knockout cells. Additional cross-reactive bands were observed in the wild-type and knockout cells. Wild-type and CTNNA1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab51032 and ab9484 (Mouse anti-GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/50000 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue stained for CTNNA1 with ab51032 at a 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation containing PBS, BSA, glycerol, and sodium azide (ab51032).
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab226010 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Qiao B et al. MicroRNA-27a-3p Modulates the Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling Pathway to Promote Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Oral Squamous Carcinoma Stem Cells by Targeting SFRP1. Sci Rep 7:44688 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28425477
- Qi L et al. TRIM16 suppresses the progression of prostate tumors by inhibiting the Snail signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med 38:1734-1742 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27748839
- Cheng G et al. Lipopolysaccharide-induced a-catenin downregulation enhances the motility of human colorectal cancer cells in an NF-?B signaling-dependent manner. Onco Targets Ther 9:7563-7571 (2016). PubMed: 28008274
- Dietrich JE et al. Venus trap in the mouse embryo reveals distinct molecular dynamics underlying specification of first embryonic lineages. EMBO Rep 16:1005-21 (2015). PubMed: 26142281
- Giampietro C et al. The actin-binding protein EPS8 binds VE-cadherin and modulates YAP localization and signaling. J Cell Biol 211:1177-92 (2015). PubMed: 26668327