Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1795] to CTNNA2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CTNNA2 antibody [EPR1795]
See all CTNNA2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1795] to CTNNA2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human CTNNA2 aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Mouse brain lysate.
This product was previously labelled as alpha 2 Catenin
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76015 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 105 kDa.|
FunctionMay function as a linker between cadherin adhesion receptors and the cytoskeleton to regulate cell-cell adhesion and differentiation in the nervous system. Regulates morphological plasticity of synapses and cerebellar and hippocampal lamination during development. Functions in the control of startle modulation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the vinculin/alpha-catenin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell junction > adherens junction. Cell membrane. Cell projection > axon. Recruited to the nucleus upon ZNF639 overexpression.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha catenin related protein antibody
- Alpha N catenin antibody
- Alpha N-catenin antibody
Anti-CTNNA2 antibody [EPR1795] (ab76015) at 1/2000 dilution + mouse brain lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 105 kDa
Observed band size: 102 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76015 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Song J et al. Novel-miR-4885 Promotes Migration and Invasion of Esophageal Cancer Cells Through Targeting CTNNA2. DNA Cell Biol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30526004
- Paul C & Robaire B Impaired function of the blood-testis barrier during aging is preceded by a decline in cell adhesion proteins and GTPases. PLoS One 8:e84354 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24391944