Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR16259-27] to Cubilin - C-terminal
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Cubilin antibody [EPR16259-27] - C-terminal
See all Cubilin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR16259-27] to Cubilin - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Cubilin aa 3350-3550 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O60494
- Human fetal kidney tissue lysate; Human kidney tissue (normal)
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191073 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 399 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 399 kDa).|
FunctionCotransporter which plays a role in lipoprotein, vitamin and iron metabolism, by facilitating their uptake. Binds to ALB, MB, Kappa and lambda-light chains, TF, hemoglobin, GC, SCGB1A1, APOA1, high density lipoprotein, and the GIF-cobalamin complex. The binding of all ligands requires calcium. Serves as important transporter in several absorptive epithelia, including intestine, renal proximal tubules and embryonic yolk sac. Interaction with LRP2 mediates its trafficking throughout vesicles and facilitates the uptake of specific ligands like GC, hemoglobin, ALB, TF and SCGB1A1. Interaction with AMN controls its trafficking to the plasma membrane and facilitates endocytosis of ligands. May play an important role in the development of the peri-implantation embryo through internalization of APOA1 and cholesterol. Binds to LGALS3 at the maternal-fetal interface.
Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney proximal tubule cells, placenta, visceral yolk-sac cells and in absorptive intestinal cells. Expressed in the epithelium of intestine and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseRecessive hereditary megaloblastic anemia 1
Sequence similaritiesContains 27 CUB domains.
Contains 7 EGF-like domains.
DomainThe CUB domains 5 to 8 mediate binding to GIF and ALB. CUB domains 1 and 2 mediate interaction with LRP2.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a trans-Golgi proteinase furin. The result is a propeptide cleaved off.
Cellular localizationEndosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. Colocalizes with AMN and LRP2 in the endocytotic apparatus of epithelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- 460 kDa receptor antibody
- cubilin (intrinsic factor-cobalamin receptor) antibody
- Cubilin antibody
Anti-Cubilin antibody [EPR16259-27] - C-terminal (ab191073) at 1/50000 dilution + Human fetal kidney tissue lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 399 kDa
Observed band size: 399 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human kidney tissue labeling Cubilin with ab191073 at a 1/500 dilution.
Secondary antibody Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at a 1/1000 dilution. Counter stain Hematoxylin. Negative control also shown.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab191073 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yin W et al. Protein kinase C and protein kinase A are involved in the protection of recombinant human glucagon-like peptide-1 on glomeruli and tubules in diabetic rats. J Diabetes Investig 10:613-625 (2019). PubMed: 30307132
- Hwang JW et al. iPSC-Derived Embryoid Bodies as Models of c-Met-Mutated Hereditary Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31575031
- Tian D et al. The effect of A1 adenosine receptor in diabetic megalin loss with caspase-1/IL18 signaling. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 12:1583-1596 (2019). PubMed: 31695457