Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3200] to CUL-4A + CUL-4B
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CUL-4A + CUL-4B antibody [EPR3200]
See all CUL-4A + CUL-4B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3200] to CUL-4A + CUL-4B
SpecificityDue to the close homology between Cullin 4A and 4B this antibody is likely to react with both forms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human CUL-4A + CUL-4B aa 850-950. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Fetal uterus, HeLa, A375 and fetal testis lysates and human brain tissue
This product was previously labelled as Cullin 4a, Cullin 4A/B
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76470 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 88, 102 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Use of HRP-conjugated or polymerized HRP secondary antibodies, stronger signals have been found using the polymerized HRP secondary.
RelevanceCore component of multiple cullin-RING-based E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complexes which mediate the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. As a scaffold protein may contribute to catalysis through positioning of the substrate and the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme. The E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity of the complex is dependent on the neddylation of the cullin subunit and is inhibited by the association of the deneddylated cullin subunit with TIP120A/CAND1. The functional specificity of the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex depends on the variable substrate recognition component.
All lanes : Anti-CUL-4A + CUL-4B antibody [EPR3200] (ab76470) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Fetal uterus lysate
Lane 2 : Hela lysate
Lane 3 : A375 lysate
Lane 4 : Fetal testis lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 102 kDa
Observed band size: 102,88 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76470 at 1/100 dilution staining Cullin 4B in human brain tissue, using a HRP/AP polymerized secondary antibody.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab76470 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Hou L et al. Restriction of hepatitis B virus replication by c-Abl-induced proteasomal degradation of the viral polymerase. Sci Adv 5:eaau7130 (2019). PubMed: 30775435
- Füzesi-Levi MG et al. CSNAP, the smallest CSN subunit, modulates proteostasis through cullin-RING ubiquitin ligases. Cell Death Differ N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31367012
- Song T et al. CRL4 antagonizes SCFFbxo7-mediated turnover of cereblon and BK channel to regulate learning and memory. PLoS Genet 14:e1007165 (2018). PubMed: 29370161