Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3196Y] to Cullin 3/CUL-3
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Cullin 3/CUL-3 antibody [EPR3196Y]
See all Cullin 3/CUL-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3196Y] to Cullin 3/CUL-3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Cullin 3/CUL-3 aa 750-850 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa, SH-SY5Y, PC12 and 3T3 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75851 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/20000 - 1/100000. Predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/30 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCore component of multiple cullin-RING-based BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complexes which mediate the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. As a scaffold protein may contribute to catalysis through positioning of the substrate and the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme. The E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity of the complex is dependent on the neddylation of the cullin subunit and is inhibited by the association of the deneddylated cullin subunit with TIP120A/CAND1 (By similarity). The functional specificity of the BCR complex depends on the BTB domain-containing protein as the susbstrate recognition component. BCR(SPOP) is involved in ubiquitination of BMI1/PCGF4, H2AFY and DAXX, and probably GLI2 or GLI3. BCR(KLHL9-KLHL13) controls the dynamic behavior of AURKB on mitotic chromosomes and thereby coordinates faithful mitotic progression and completion of cytokinesis. Involved in ubiquitination of cyclin E and of cyclin D1 (in vitro) thus involved in regulation of G1/S transition.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cullin family.
modificationsNeddylated. Attachment of NEDD8 is required for the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity of the BCR complex. Deneddylated via its interaction with the COP9 signalosome (CSN) complex.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Golgi apparatus.
- Information by UniProt
- CUL 3 antibody
- Cul-3 antibody
- cul3 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab75851 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab75851, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
All lanes : Anti-Cullin 3/CUL-3 antibody [EPR3196Y] (ab75851) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : PC12 cell lysate
Lane 4 : 3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-labeled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 89 kDa
Observed band size: 82,90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab75851 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Füzesi-Levi MG et al. CSNAP, the smallest CSN subunit, modulates proteostasis through cullin-RING ubiquitin ligases. Cell Death Differ N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31367012
- Jang SM et al. The replication initiation determinant protein (RepID) modulates replication by recruiting CUL4 to chromatin. Nat Commun 9:2782 (2018). PubMed: 30018425
- Yang N et al. Carnosic acid prevents dextran sulfate sodium-induced acute colitis associated with the regulation of the Keap1/Nrf2 pathway. Sci Rep 7:11036 (2017). PubMed: 28887507
- Jimenez-Blasco D et al. Astrocyte NMDA receptors' activity sustains neuronal survival through a Cdk5-Nrf2 pathway. Cell Death Differ 22:1877-89 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25909891
- Zhang T et al. G-protein-coupled receptors regulate autophagy by ZBTB16-mediated ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of Atg14L. Elife 4:e06734 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25821988
- Manjarrez JR et al. Hsp90-dependent assembly of the DBC2/RhoBTB2-Cullin3 E3-ligase complex. PLoS One 9:e90054 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24608665