Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to Cullin 4B/CUL-4B
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cullin 4B/CUL-4B antibody
See all Cullin 4B/CUL-4B primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to Cullin 4B/CUL-4B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human Cullin 4B/CUL-4B. (NP_003579, 1 a.a. ~ 913 a.a)
- WB: Transfected 293T cell lysate ICC/IF: HeLa cells
Protein previously labeled as Cullin 4B.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 2.68% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab67035 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Note: ab67035 requires Protein A affinity purification prior to ICC/IF application.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 99 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionCore component of multiple cullin-RING-based E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complexes which mediate the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. The functional specificity of the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex depends on the variable substrate recognition subunit. CUL4B may act within the complex as a scaffold protein, contributing to catalysis through positioning of the substrate and the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme. Plays a role as part of the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex in polyubiquitination of CDT1, histone H2A, histone H3 and histone H4 in response to radiation-induced DNA damage. Targeted to UV damaged chromatin by DDB2 and may be important for DNA repair and DNA replication. Required for ubiquitination of cyclin E, and consequently, normal G1 cell cycle progression. Regulates the mammalian target-of-rapamycin (mTOR) pathway involved in control of cell growth, size and metabolism. Specific CUL4B regulation of the mTORC1-mediated pathway is dependent upon 26S proteasome function and requires interaction between CUL4B and MLST8.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CUL4B are the cause of mental retardation syndromic X-linked Cabezas type (MRXC) [MIM:300354]; also known as mental retardation syndromic X-linked type 15. A syndromic form of X-linked mental retardation characterized by severe intellectual deficit associated with short stature, craniofacial dysmorphism, small testes, muscle wasting in lower legs, kyphosis, joint hyperextensibility, pes cavus, small feet, and abnormalities of the toes. Additional neurologic manifestations include speech delay and impairment, tremor, seizures, gait ataxia, hyperactivity and decreased attention span.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cullin family.
modificationsNeddylated. Deneddylated via its interaction with the COP9 signalosome (CSN) complex.
- Information by UniProt
- CUL 4B antibody
- CUL-4B antibody
- CUL4B antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cullin 4B/CUL-4B antibody (ab67035) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : non Transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP Conjugate at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 103 kDa
Observed band size: 99 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab67035, at a concentration 10 µg/ml, staining Cullin 4B/CUL-4B in HeLa cell by Immunofluorescence.
All lanes : Anti-Cullin 4B/CUL-4B antibody (ab67035) at 1/500 dilution (Blocker 1:1 in PBS + 0.1% Tween for 14 hours at 4°C)
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Cul4 siRNA in HeLa whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : An Alexa Fluor®680-conjugated Goat anti-mouse polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 103 kDa
Blocking Step:LI-COR® Odyssey®Blocking Buffer (50%) for 45 minutes at room temperature.
ab67035 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Shiizaki K et al. Insight into the relationship between aryl-hydrocarbon receptor and ß-catenin in human colon cancer cells. PLoS One 14:e0224613 (2019). PubMed: 31675361
- Kouloulia S et al. Raptor-Mediated Proteasomal Degradation of Deamidated 4E-BP2 Regulates Postnatal Neuronal Translation and NF-?B Activity. Cell Rep 29:3620-3635.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31825840
- He F et al. Effects of cullin 4B on the proliferation and invasion of human gastric cancer cells. Mol Med Rep 17:4973-4980 (2018). PubMed: 29393470
- Luecke-Johansson S et al. A Molecular Mechanism To Switch the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor from a Transcription Factor to an E3 Ubiquitin Ligase. Mol Cell Biol 37:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28416634
- Zou Y et al. Characterization of nuclear localization signal in the N terminus of CUL4B and its essential role in cyclin E degradation and cell cycle progression. J Biol Chem 284:33320-32 (2009). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19801544