Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR14725] to Cullin 5/CUL-5
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Cullin 5/CUL-5 antibody [EPR14725]
See all Cullin 5/CUL-5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR14725] to Cullin 5/CUL-5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human Cullin 5/CUL-5 aa 150-300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q93034
- WB: Hela, MOLT4 or T47-D cell lysates. Human mouse and Rat heart tissue lysates.
Previously labelled as Cullin 5.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab184177 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa).|
FunctionCore component of multiple SCF-like ECS (Elongin-Cullin 2/5-SOCS-box protein) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complexes, which mediate the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. As a scaffold protein may contribute to catalysis through positioning of the substrate and the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme. The functional specificity of the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex depends on the variable substrate recognition component. ECS(SOCS1) seems to direct ubiquitination of JAK2. Seems to be involved in proteosomal degradation of p53/TP53 stimulated by adenovirus E1B-55 kDa protein. May form a cell surface vasopressin receptor.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cullin family.
modificationsNeddylated; which enhances the ubiquitination activity of SCF and prevents binding of the inhibitor CAND1. Deneddylated via its interaction with the COP9 signalosome (CSN).
- Information by UniProt
- CUL 5 antibody
- CUL-5 antibody
- CUL5 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cullin 5/CUL-5 antibody [EPR14725] (ab184177) at 1/2000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : Human heart lysates
Lane 2 : Mouse heart lysates
Lane 3 : Rat heart lysates
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 90 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Cullin 5/CUL-5 antibody [EPR14725] (ab184177) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 2 : MOLT4 cell lysate
Lane 3 : T47-D cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Peroxidase conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 90 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab184177 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Jang SM et al. The RepID-CRL4 ubiquitin ligase complex regulates metaphase to anaphase transition via BUB3 degradation. Nat Commun 11:24 (2020). PubMed: 31911655
- Füzesi-Levi MG et al. CSNAP, the smallest CSN subunit, modulates proteostasis through cullin-RING ubiquitin ligases. Cell Death Differ N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31367012
- Guo H et al. Adenovirus oncoprotein E4orf6 triggers Cullin5 neddylation to activate the CLR5 E3 ligase for p53 degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 516:1242-1247 (2019). PubMed: 31301771
- Kabir S et al. The CUL5 ubiquitin ligase complex mediates resistance to CDK9 and MCL1 inhibitors in lung cancer cells. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31294695
- Zeng H et al. Genome-wide CRISPR screening reveals genetic modifiers of mutant EGFR dependence in human NSCLC. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31741433
- Sánchez-Sánchez SM et al. Rare RELN variants affect Reelin-DAB1 signal transduction in autism spectrum disorder. Hum Mutat 39:1372-1383 (2018). PubMed: 29969175
- Jang SM et al. The replication initiation determinant protein (RepID) modulates replication by recruiting CUL4 to chromatin. Nat Commun 9:2782 (2018). PubMed: 30018425
- Scott DC et al. Blocking an N-terminal acetylation-dependent protein interaction inhibits an E3 ligase. Nat Chem Biol 13:850-857 (2017). PubMed: 28581483
- Ding G et al. Regulation of Ubiquitin-like with Plant Homeodomain and RING Finger Domain 1 (UHRF1) Protein Stability by Heat Shock Protein 90 Chaperone Machinery. J Biol Chem 291:20125-35 (2016). PubMed: 27489107