Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cx40/GJA5
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cx40/GJA5 antibody
See all Cx40/GJA5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cx40/GJA5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide within Human Cx40/GJA5 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P36382
- WB: HEK-293T , A431 and HepG2 whole cell lysate.
Previously labelled as Connexin 40 / GJA5.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 79.99% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183648 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
FunctionOne gap junction consists of a cluster of closely packed pairs of transmembrane channels, the connexons, through which materials of low MW diffuse from one cell to a neighboring cell.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GJA5 are a cause of familial atrial standstill (FAS) [MIM:108770]. Atrial standstill is an extremely rare arrhythmia, characterized by the absence of electrical and mechanical activity in the atria. Electrocardiographically, it is characterized by bradycardia, the absence of P waves, and a junctional narrow complex escape rhythm.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the connexin family. Alpha-type (group II) subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > gap junction.
- Information by UniProt
- Connexin 40 antibody
- Connexin 40 / GJA5 antibody
- Connexin-40 antibody
ab183648 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li Z et al. Tanshinone IIA and Astragaloside IV promote the angiogenesis of mesenchymal stem cell-derived endothelial cell-like cells via upregulation of Cx37, Cx40 and Cx43. Exp Ther Med 15:1847-1854 (2018). PubMed: 29434774
- Qiu H et al. Chronic Kidney Disease Increases Atrial Fibrillation Inducibility: Involvement of Inflammation, Atrial Fibrosis, and Connexins. Front Physiol 9:1726 (2018). PubMed: 30564139
- Ni X et al. Increased expression and functionality of the gap junction in peripheral blood lymphocytes is associated with hypertension-mediated inflammation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Cell Mol Biol Lett 23:40 (2018). PubMed: 30151015
- Ma JF et al. TBX5 mutations contribute to early-onset atrial fibrillation in Chinese and Caucasians. Cardiovasc Res 109:442-50 (2016). PubMed: 26762269