Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CXCL11
- Suitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CXCL11 antibody
See all CXCL11 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CXCL11
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hI-TAC (human Interferon-inducible T cell alpha chemoattractant)
- Recombinant human CXCL11 protein (ab9956) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive result in IF in the following Formaldehyde fixed cell line: A431
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
No preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9955 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 14 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 10 kDa).
To detect CXCL11 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hI-TAC is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To detect CXCL11 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with suitable detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant CXCL11.
FunctionChemotactic for interleukin-activated T-cells but not unstimulated T-cells, neutrophils or monocytes. Induces calcium release in activated T-cells. Binds to CXCR3. May play an important role in CNS diseases which involve T-cell recruitment. May play a role in skin immune responses.
Tissue specificityHigh levels in peripheral blood leukocytes, pancreas and liver astrocytes. Moderate levels in thymus, spleen and lung. Low levels in placenta, prostate and small intestine. Also found in epidermal basal layer keratinocytes in skin disorders.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
- Information by UniProt
- b R1 antibody
- b-R1 antibody
- Beta-R1 antibody
Anti-CXCL11 antibody (ab9955) at 1 µg/ml + Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 10 kDa
Observed band size: 14 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 31 kDa, 45 kDa, 49 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9955 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Wang R & Huang K CCL11 increases the proportion of CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ Treg cells and the production of IL-2 and TGF-ß by CD4+ T cells via the STAT5 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 21:2522-2532 (2020). PubMed: 32323817
- Xie C et al. Gene expression profiles of HTR8-S/Vneo cells after changes in ABCA1 expression. Funct Integr Genomics N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29931611
- Han B et al. MicroRNA-144 mediates chronic inflammation and tumorigenesis in colorectal cancer progression via regulating C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 11. Exp Ther Med 16:1935-1943 (2018). PubMed: 30186421
- Tröndle I et al. Irradiation affects germ and somatic cells in prepubertal monkey testis xenografts. Mol Hum Reprod 23:141-154 (2017). PubMed: 28130393
- Pietz G et al. Immunopathology of childhood celiac disease-Key role of intestinal epithelial cells. PLoS One 12:e0185025 (2017). PubMed: 28934294
- Liu W et al. Elevated expression of IFN-inducible CXCR3 ligands predicts poor prognosis in patients with non-metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 7:13976-83 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26910919
- Wieczfinska J et al. The whole-genome expression analysis of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from aspirin sensitive asthmatics versus aspirin tolerant patients and healthy donors after in vitro aspirin challenge. Respir Res 16:147 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26646719
- Walters MJ et al. Inhibition of CXCR7 extends survival following irradiation of brain tumours in mice and rats. Br J Cancer 110:1179-88 (2014). PubMed: 24423923