Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CXCL16
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CXCL16 antibody
See all CXCL16 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CXCL16
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant protein fragment containing a sequence corresponding to a region within amino acids 52-193 of Human CXCL16 (AAH17588).
- A549, HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101404 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Antigen retrieval is recommended using heat mediated 10mM Citrate buffer or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH: 8.0)|
FunctionActs as a scavenger receptor on macrophages, which specifically binds to OxLDL (oxidized low density lipoprotein), suggesting that it may be involved in pathophysiology such as atherogenesis (By similarity). Induces a strong chemotactic response. Induces calcium mobilization. Binds to CXCR6/Bonzo.
Tissue specificityExpressed in T-cell areas. Expressed in spleen, lymph nodes, lung, kidney, small intestine and thymus. Weak expression in heart and liver and no expression in brain and bone marrow.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Secreted. Also exists as a soluble form.
- Information by UniProt
- C-X-C motif chemokine 16 antibody
- Chemokine (C X C motif) ligand 16 antibody
- Chemokine, CXC motif, ligand 16 antibody
ab101404 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Mei J et al. CXCL16/CXCR6 interaction Promotes Endometrial Decidualization via the PI3K/ AKT Pathway. Reproduction N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30620718
- Wang M & Liu R CXCL16 protects against oxygen and glucose deprivation-induced injury in human microvascular endothelial cells-1: Potential role in ischemic stroke. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30945283
- Wang WY et al. Stimulative role of ST6GALNAC1 in proliferation, migration and invasion of ovarian cancer stem cells via the Akt signaling pathway. Cancer Cell Int 19:86 (2019). PubMed: 30996686
- Tu GW et al. CXCL16/CXCR6 is involved in LPS-induced acute lung injury via P38 signalling. J Cell Mol Med 23:5380-5389 (2019). PubMed: 31199046
- Voloshyna I et al. Macrophage lipid accumulation in the presence of immunosuppressive drugs mycophenolate mofetil and cyclosporin A. Inflamm Res 68:787-799 (2019). PubMed: 31227843