Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MM0208-9A18] to CXCL1/GRO alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, Neutralising
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2
Product nameAnti-CXCL1/GRO alpha antibody [MM0208-9A18]
See all CXCL1/GRO alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MM0208-9A18] to CXCL1/GRO alpha
SpecificityCross reacts weakly with GRO beta.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length Human protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89318 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.|
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionHas chemotactic activity for neutrophils. May play a role in inflammation and exerts its effects on endothelial cells in an autocrine fashion. In vitro, the processed forms GRO-alpha(4-73), GRO-alpha(5-73) and GRO-alpha(6-73) show a 30-fold higher chemotactic activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsN-terminal processed forms GRO-alpha(4-73), GRO-alpha(5-73) and GRO-alpha(6-73) are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from peripheral blood monocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- C-X-C motif chemokine 1 antibody
- Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 1 (melanoma growth stimulating activity, alpha) antibody
- chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 1 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human placental tissue section (4µm) labelling CXCL1/GRO alpha with ab89318. Tissue was treated with 15µg/ml Protenase K for antigen retrieval and fixed with 4% PFA. A HRP-conjugated anti-mouse IgG was used as the secondary antibody (30 minutes at room temperature) followed by DAB color development.
ab89318 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yang C et al. CXCL1 stimulates migration and invasion in ER-negative breast cancer cells via activation of the ERK/MMP2/9 signaling axis. Int J Oncol 55:684-696 (2019). PubMed: 31322183
- Zou Y & Li L Identification of six serum antigens and autoantibodies for the detection of early stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma by bioinformatics analysis and liquid chip analysis. Oncol Lett 16:3231-3240 (2018). PubMed: 30127919
- Miyake M et al. CXCL1-Mediated Interaction of Cancer Cells with Tumor-Associated Macrophages and Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Promotes Tumor Progression in Human Bladder Cancer. Neoplasia 18:636-646 (2016). PubMed: 27690238
- Miyake M et al. Expression of CXCL1 in human endothelial cells induces angiogenesis through the CXCR2 receptor and the ERK1/2 and EGF pathways. Lab Invest 93:768-78 (2013). PubMed: 23732813