Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CXCR2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CXCR2 antibody
See all CXCR2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CXCR2
SpecificityAb14935 detects CXCR2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
- WB: Human Plasma Total Protein Lysate. IHC-P: Mouse pancreatic neoplasia associated stroma tissue. IHC-Fr: Mouse prostate tissue; Human pancreatic neoplastic lesion tissue. ICC/IF: Mouse spleen cells.
General notesConcentration varies from batch to batch, usually 0.5 mg/ml to 0.7 mg/ml.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14935 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor for interleukin-8 which is a powerful neutrophil chemotactic factor. Binding of IL-8 to the receptor causes activation of neutrophils. This response is mediated via a G-protein that activates a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. Binds to IL-8 with high affinity. Also binds with high affinity to CXCL3, GRO/MGSA and NAP-2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon ligand binding; which is required for desensitization.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- C-X-C chemokine receptor type 2 antibody
- CD 182 antibody
- CD182 antibody
ab14935 staining CXCR2 in Mouse pancreatic neoplasia associated stroma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/250 in PBS) for 8 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-CXCR2 antibody (ab14935) at 1 µg/ml + Human Plasma Total Protein Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 minutes
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen mouse prostate tissue, staining CXCR2 with ab14935.
Tissue was fixed in formaldehyde and blocked with 10% donkey serum and 1% BSA. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) and a FITC-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab14935 staining CXCR2 in Mouse spleen cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in PBS) for 1 hour. An Alexa Fluor® 555-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab14935 staining CXCR2 in Human pancreatic neoplastic lesion tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 8 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®555-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab14935 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Wei LY et al. Reciprocal activation of cancer-associated fibroblasts and oral squamous carcinoma cells through CXCL1. Oral Oncol 88:115-123 (2019). PubMed: 30616781
- Haarmann A et al. Human Brain Endothelial CXCR2 is Inflammation-Inducible and Mediates CXCL5- and CXCL8-Triggered Paraendothelial Barrier Breakdown. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30704100
- Ha W et al. Ibudilast sensitizes glioblastoma to temozolomide by targeting Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF). Sci Rep 9:2905 (2019). PubMed: 30814573
- Hishida T et al. Mutations in foregut SOX2+ cells induce efficient proliferation via CXCR2 pathway. Protein Cell 10:485-495 (2019). PubMed: 31041783
- Li X et al. Reductions in gut microbiota-derived metabolite trimethylamine N-oxide in the circulation may ameliorate myocardial infarction-induced heart failure in rats, possibly by inhibiting interleukin-8 secretion. Mol Med Rep 20:779-786 (2019). PubMed: 31180562