Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [CY96] to Cy3 / Cy5
- Suitable for: Dot blot, ELISA, IP, ICC, Other, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Cy3 / Cy5 antibody [CY96]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CY96] to Cy3 / Cy5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, ELISA, IP, ICC, Other, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
A mixture of proteins labelled with Cy3 or Cy5.
Monoclonal antibodies to Cy3 and/or Cy5 are an important tool for Cy3/Cy5 signal amplification in assays where biomolecules are labelled with Cy3 or Cy5.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified Mouse Immunoglobulin
Primary antibody notesMonoclonal antibodies to Cy3 and/or Cy5 are an important tool for Cy3/Cy5 signal amplification in assays where biomolecules are labelled with Cy3 or Cy5.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52060 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot blot||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Other||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceCy3 and Cy5 are reactive watersoluble fluorescent dyes of the cyanine dye family used for labelling proteins, peptides, DNA, RNA, and other biomolecules. They are usually synthesized with reactive groups on either one or both of the nitrogen side chains so that they can be chemically cross-linked to nucleic acids or protein molecules. Thay are small, pH insensitive (between pH 3 and pH 10), soluble in aqueous solution and have tolerance to DMSO. They are more photostable than fluorescein, have high molar extinction coefficients and favorable quantum yields. They are used in many different biological assays, including DNA microarrays, protein microarrays, two-dimensional protein analysis, fluorescence resonance energy transfer, and immunocytochemistry. Cy3 is excited maximally at 550 nm and emits maximally at 570 nm, in the green part of the spectrum. Cy5 is excited maximally at 649 nm and emits maximally at 670 nm, in the red part of the spectrum.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52060 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Rodriguez FJ et al. Alternative lengthening of telomeres, ATRX loss and H3-K27M mutations in histologically defined pilocytic astrocytoma with anaplasia. Brain Pathol 29:126-140 (2019). PubMed: 30192422
- Rodriguez FJ et al. Telomere alterations in neurofibromatosis type 1-associated solid tumors. Acta Neuropathol Commun 7:139 (2019). PubMed: 31462295
- Palsgrove DN et al. Subependymal giant cell astrocytoma-like astrocytoma: a neoplasm with a distinct phenotype and frequent neurofibromatosis type-1-association. Mod Pathol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29973652
- Osterwald S et al. PML induces compaction, TRF2 depletion and DNA damage signaling at telomeres and promotes their alternative lengthening. J Cell Sci 128:1887-900 (2015). PubMed: 25908860