Key features and details
- Cy5 ® Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: Cy5 ®. Ex: 650nm, Em: 667nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameCy5 ® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionCy5 ® Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
ConjugationCy5 ®. Ex: 650nm, Em: 667nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Flow Cyt: Mouse splenocytes.
General notesThis product or portions thereof is manufactured under license from Carnegie Mellon University under U.S. Patent Number 5,268,486 and related patents. Cy and CyDye are trademarks of GE Healthcare Limited.
In vivo and in vitro treatment with the 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody effectively depletes CD8 alpha+ cells. The 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody also blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Also contains a stabilizing agent.
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesIn vivo and in vitro treatment with the 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody effectively depletes CD8 alpha+ cells. The 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody also blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Light chain typekappa
- Biotin Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25176)
- PE/Texas Red® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- PE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25498)
- APC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25499)
- FITC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25676)
- PE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab272343)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab39853)
- APC/Cy5.5® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab82005)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab95588)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39850 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.2µg for 106 cells.
ab136584 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
Flow cytometry analysis of BALB/c mouse splenocytes labeling CD8 alpha with ab39850 at 0.1 µg/106cells and CD4 with ab25659.
ab39850 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Mohamad NE et al. Apoptosis and metastasis inhibitory potential of pineapple vinegar against mouse mammary gland cells in vitro and in vivo. Nutr Metab (Lond) 16:49 (2019). PubMed: 31372176
- Zulkawi N et al. In vitro characterization and in vivo toxicity, antioxidant and immunomodulatory effect of fermented foods; Xeniji™. BMC Complement Altern Med 17:344 (2017). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 28666436