Key features and details
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Tissue
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: a wide range of other species
Product nameCyclic AMP Direct ELISA Kit
See all cAMP kits
Sample typeTissue, Cell Lysate
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: a wide range of other species
Abcam’s Cyclic AMP in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) is a colorimetric competitive immunoassay kit for the quantitative determination of intracellular cAMP in cells or tissues lysed in 0.1 M HCl.
A goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated-cAMP antigen and a polyclonal rabbit antibody specific to cAMP. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away. pNpp substrate is added and after a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read at 405 nm. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of cAMP captured in the plate.
Cyclic AMP (cAMP) is one of the most important “second messengers” involved as a modulator of physiological processes. A number of hormones are known to activate cAMP through the action of the enzyme Adenylate cyclase which converts ATP to cAMP. cAMP has been shown to be involved in the cardiovascular and nervous systems, immune mechanisms, cell growth and differentiation, and general metabolism.
Compound % Cross Reactivity cAMP 100 AMP 0.33 ATP 0.12 cGMP <0.001 GMP <0.001 GTP <0.001 cUMP <0.001 CTP <0.001
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 0.1M HCl 1 x 27ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Acetylation kit - Acetic Anhydride 1 x 1ml Acetylation kit - Triethylamine 1 x 2ml cAMP Antibody 1 x 5ml Cyclic AMP Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Cyclic AMP Complete Standard 1 x 0.5ml Goat anti-rabbit IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Neutralizing Reagent 1 x 5ml Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
Relevancedblinks not applicable
- 3'-5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate
- Cyclic adenosine monophosphate
- cyclic AMP
ab133038 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Moussa BA et al. Synthesis and molecular docking of new roflumilast analogues as preferential-selective potent PDE-4B inhibitors with improved pharmacokinetic profile. Eur J Med Chem 148:477-486 (2018). PubMed: 29477888
- Thouverey C & Caverzasio J Suppression of p38a MAPK Signaling in Osteoblast Lineage Cells Impairs Bone Anabolic Action of Parathyroid Hormone. J Bone Miner Res 31:985-93 (2016). PubMed: 26643857