Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cyclin B1 (phospho S126)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) antibody
See all Cyclin B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin B1 (phospho S126)
Specificityab55184 detects endogenous levels of Cyclin B1 only when phosphorylated at serine 126.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Cyclin B1 (phospho S126). Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Cyclin B1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 126 (T-A-SP-P-S).
Database link: P14635
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55184 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(NIPA) complex during interphase, leading to its destruction. Not ubiquitinated during G2/M phases.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome.
- Information by UniProt
- CCNB 1 antibody
- CCNB antibody
- ccnb1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) antibody (ab55184) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from NIH/3T3 cells
treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 15mins).
Lane 2 : extracts from NIH/3T3 cells
treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 15mins); ab36621 pre-incubated with the immunising phosphopeptide.
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) expression in paraffin embedded human lung carcinoma tissue using ab55184 at 1/50 dilution (left). Right hand panel represents a negative control where ab55184 was pre-incubated with the immunising (blocking) phosphopeptide.
ab55184 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lemmens B et al. DNA Replication Determines Timing of Mitosis by Restricting CDK1 and PLK1 Activation. Mol Cell 71:117-128.e3 (2018). PubMed: 30008317
- Müllers E et al. Residual Cdk1/2 activity after DNA damage promotes senescence. Aging Cell 16:575-584 (2017). PubMed: 28345297
- Álvarez-Fernández M et al. Greatwall is essential to prevent mitotic collapse after nuclear envelope breakdown in mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17374-9 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 24101512
- Zheng P & Dean J Role of Filia, a maternal effect gene, in maintaining euploidy during cleavage-stage mouse embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7473-8 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 19376971
- Enomoto M et al. Novel positive feedback loop between Cdk1 and Chk1 in the nucleus during G2/M transition. J Biol Chem 284:34223-30 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19837665