Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [X121.10] to Cyclin B2/CCNB2
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cyclin B2/CCNB2 antibody [X121.10]
See all Cyclin B2/CCNB2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [X121.10] to Cyclin B2/CCNB2
ab10839 blots only cyclin B2/CCNB2, but cross reacts strongly with two other proteins. However, these can easily be distinguished from cyclins since they are present in interphase extracts and run well below the cyclins on SDS PAGE gels.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Xenopus laevis
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Xenopus laevis Cyclin B2/CCNB2.
EpitopeThe epitope for X121 lies within a region spanning the amino acids 1-112.
- Xenopus egg extract.
This product was previously labelled as Cyclin B2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10839 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- ccnb2 antibody
- CCNB2_HUMAN antibody
- CycB2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin B2/CCNB2 antibody [X121.10] (ab10839) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Interphase Xenopus egg extracts (cyclin B destroyed)
Lane 2 : Mitotic (CSF) Xenopus egg extracts (cyclin B present)
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 38 kDa (possible cross reactivity), 40 kDa (possible cross reactivity)
ab10839 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Lin R et al. Electroacupuncture ameliorate learning and memory by improving N-acetylaspartate and glutamate metabolism in APP/PS1 mice. Biol Res 51:21 (2018). PubMed: 29980225
- Hansen DV et al. Emi2 at the crossroads: where CSF meets MPF. Cell Cycle 6:732-8 (2007). PubMed: 17361104
- Moore JD et al. Identification of the nuclear localization signal in Xenopus cyclin E and analysis of its role in replication and mitosis. Mol Biol Cell 13:4388-400 (2002). PubMed: 12475960
- Bodart JF et al. Activation of Xenopus eggs by the kinase inhibitor 6-DMAP suggests a differential regulation of cyclin B and p39(mos) proteolysis. Exp Cell Res 253:413-21 (1999). PubMed: 10585264