Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [X29.2] to Cyclin B2/CCNB2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cyclin B2/CCNB2 antibody [X29.2]
See all Cyclin B2/CCNB2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [X29.2] to Cyclin B2/CCNB2
SpecificityReacts with most cyclin Bs.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
Full length protein corresponding to Xenopus laevis Cyclin B2/CCNB2.
This product was previously labelled as Cyclin B2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18250 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- ccnb2 antibody
- CCNB2_HUMAN antibody
- CycB2 antibody
IHC image of ab18250 staining in human cervical carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab18250, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Overlay histogram showing HeLA cells stained with ab18250 (red line). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab18250, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was Mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab18250 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Lin J et al. Exportin-T promotes tumor proliferation and invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Carcinog 58:293-304 (2019). PubMed: 30334580
- Ghelli Luserna Di Rorà A et al. Targeting WEE1 to enhance conventional therapies for acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Hematol Oncol 11:99 (2018). PubMed: 30068368
- Li J et al. Cyclin B2 can compensate for Cyclin B1 in oocyte meiosis I. J Cell Biol 217:3901-3911 (2018). PubMed: 30097513
- Möckel MM et al. Xenopus laevis Kif18A is a highly processive kinesin required for meiotic spindle integrity. Biol Open 6:463-470 (2017). PubMed: 28228376
- Dupré AI et al. The greatwall kinase is dominant over PKA in controlling the antagonistic function of ARPP19 in Xenopus oocytes. Cell Cycle 16:1440-1452 (2017). PubMed: 28722544