Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E142] to Cyclin E2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Cyclin E2 antibody [E142]
See all Cyclin E2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E142] to Cyclin E2
Specificityab32103 recognises Cyclin E2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Human Cyclin E2 aa 350 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O96020
- Human breast carcinoma, HeLa cells lysates, Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32103 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
For unpurified use at 1/100 - 1/250.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceThe human Cyclin E2 gene encodes a 404 amino acid protein that is most closely related to Cyclin E. Cyclin E2 mRNA levels peaks at the G1 / S transition. Cyclin E2 associates with Cdk2 in a functional kinase complex that is inhibited by both p27 (Kip1) and p21 (Cip1). Cyclin E2 / Cdk2 phosphorylates histone H1 in vitro. G1 cyclin E controls the initiation of DNA synthesis by activating CDK2. Abnormally high levels of cyclin E expression have frequently been observed in human cancers. Unlike Cyclin E1, which is expressed in great majority of proliferating normal and neoplastically transformed cells, Cyclin E2 levels are low to undetectable in non transformed cells and increase significantly in neoplasm derived cells.
- CCN E2 antibody
- CCNE 2 antibody
- CCNE2 antibody
Anti-Cyclin E2 antibody [E142] (ab32103) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of Jurkat cells labelling Cyclin E2 with purified ab32103 at 1/2000. Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 0.1% tritonX-100. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (ab150077) at 1/1000 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Secondary Only Control: PBS was used instead of the primary antibody as the negative control.
Immunofluorescent analysis of Cyclin E2 expression in HeLa cell culture using 1/100 ab32103.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Cyclin E2 expression in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma using 1/50 ab32103.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab32103 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32103, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab32103 staining Cyclin E2 in the Hela cell line from Human cervix by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS) for 1 hour at 22°C. Ab150081 (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32103 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Zhao F et al. MicroRNA-133b suppresses bladder cancer malignancy by targeting TAGLN2-mediated cell cycle. J Cell Physiol 234:4910-4923 (2019). PubMed: 30317571
- Liu J et al. Downregulation of LncRNA-XIST inhibited development of non-small cell lung cancer by activating miR-335/SOD2/ROS signal pathway mediated pyroptotic cell death. Aging (Albany NY) 11:7830-7846 (2019). PubMed: 31553952
- Hou Y et al. SKA3 Promotes tumor growth by regulating CDK2/P53 phosphorylation in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Death Dis 10:929 (2019). PubMed: 31804459
- Ganguly S et al. Pathobiology of cigarette smoke-induced invasive cancer of the renal pelvis and its prevention by vitamin C. Toxicol Rep 5:1002-1010 (2018). PubMed: 30338226
- Lv W et al. KIAA0101 inhibition suppresses cell proliferation and cell cycle progression by promoting the interaction between p53 and Sp1 in breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 503:600-606 (2018). PubMed: 29902451