Key features and details
- Hh signaling inhibitor
- CAS Number: 4449-51-8
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in ethanol to 5 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Veratrum californicum
Product nameCyclopamine, Hh signaling inhibitor
DescriptionHh signaling inhibitor
Cell-permeable inhibitor of hedgehog (Hh) signaling, via direct inhibition of Smo (Smoothened), the accessory protein to the putative Hh receptor. Anticancer and teratogenic activity in vivo.
Chemical name(2'R,3S,3'R,3'aS,6'S,6aS,6bS,7'aR,11aS,11bR)-1,2,3,3'a, 4,4',5',6,6',6a,6b,7,7',7'a,8,11,11a,11b-Octadecahydro- 3',6',10,11b-tetramethylspiro[9H-benzo[a]fluorene-9,2'( 3'H)-furo[3,2-b]pyridin]-3-ol
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 5 mM
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Research Area
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Signal transduction
- Hedgehog signaling
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120392 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kozielewicz P et al. Structural insight into small molecule action on Frizzleds. Nat Commun 11:414 (2020). PubMed: 31964872
- Qi H et al. Inactivation of Nell-1 in Chondrocytes Significantly Impedes Appendicular Skeletogenesis. J Bone Miner Res 34:533-546 (2019). PubMed: 30352124
- Dong H et al. GLI1 activation by non-classical pathway integrin avß3/ERK1/2 maintains stem cell-like phenotype of multicellular aggregates in gastric cancer peritoneal metastasis. Cell Death Dis 10:574 (2019). PubMed: 31366904
- Ding S et al. Dopamine Burden Induced the Inactivation of Sonic Hedgehog Signaling to Cognitive Decline in Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy. Aging Dis 8:442-457 (2017). PubMed: 28840059