Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cyclophilin A
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cyclophilin A antibody
See all Cyclophilin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclophilin A
SpecificityDetects recombinant human Cyclophilin A (CyPA), but does not detect endogenous levels of CyPA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Cat, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, African green monkey
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to Human Cyclophilin A. Purified recombinant Human Cyclophilin A.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3563 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins. It catalyzes the cis-trans isomerization of proline imidic peptide bonds in oligopeptides.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclophilin-type PPIase family. PPIase A subfamily.
Contains 1 PPIase cyclophilin-type domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Cyclophilin A antibody
- Cyclophilin antibody
- CyclophilinA antibody
ab3563 at 1/300 dilution detecting 0.5ug recombinant human cyclophilin A by Western Blot (ECL).
ICC/IF image of ab3563 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3563, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-Cyclophilin A antibody (ab3563) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : NIH-3T3
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Observed band size: 18 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab3563 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Francis AC et al. HIV-1 replication complexes accumulate in nuclear speckles and integrate into speckle-associated genomic domains. Nat Commun 11:3505 (2020). PubMed: 32665593
- Cowman S et al. Decrease of Nibrin expression in chronic hypoxia is associated with hypoxia-induced chemoresistance in some brain tumour cells. BMC Cancer 19:300 (2019). PubMed: 30943920
- Francis AC & Melikyan GB Single HIV-1 Imaging Reveals Progression of Infection through CA-Dependent Steps of Docking at the Nuclear Pore, Uncoating, and Nuclear Transport. Cell Host Microbe 23:536-548.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29649444
- Chen J et al. Human Cytomegalovirus Encoded miR-US25-1-5p Attenuates CD147/EMMPRIN-Mediated Early Antiviral Response. Viruses 9:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29194430
- Fan YN et al. Mir-34a Mimics Are Potential Therapeutic Agents for p53-Mutated and Chemo-Resistant Brain Tumour Cells. PLoS One 9:e108514 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25250818
- Lorenson MY et al. A major prolactin-binding complex on human milk fat globule membranes contains cyclophilins A and B: the complex is not the prolactin receptor. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 302:E585-94 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22205628
- Waller H et al. The use of AlphaLISA technology to detect interaction between hepatitis C virus-encoded NS5A and cyclophilin A. J Virol Methods 165:202-10 (2010). PubMed: 20132841
- Kratochwill K et al. Stress responses and conditioning effects in mesothelial cells exposed to peritoneal dialysis fluid. J Proteome Res 8:1731-47 (2009). PubMed: 19231869
- Cohen AA et al. Dynamic proteomics of individual cancer cells in response to a drug. Science 322:1511-6 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19023046