Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cyclophilin A
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cyclophilin A antibody
See all Cyclophilin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclophilin A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Cyclophilin A aa 1-100.
(Peptide available as
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42408 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at in the range of 1/100 - 1/500 depending on incubation time/ condtions of primary.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins. It catalyzes the cis-trans isomerization of proline imidic peptide bonds in oligopeptides.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclophilin-type PPIase family. PPIase A subfamily.
Contains 1 PPIase cyclophilin-type domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Cyclophilin A antibody
- Cyclophilin antibody
- CyclophilinA antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cyclophilin A antibody (ab42408) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Human lymph node tissue lysate - total protein (ab29871)
Lane 4 : Human thymus tissue lysate - total protein (ab30146)
Lane 5 : Lung (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Observed band size: 18 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab42408 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab42408, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab42408 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Gläser A et al. Identification of Brain-Specific Treatment Effects in NPC1 Disease by Focusing on Cellular and Molecular Changes of Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Metabolism. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32599915
- White AG et al. Single blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled study on the effects of ciclosporin on cutaneous barrier function and immunological response in atopic beagles. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 197:93-101 (2018). Dog . PubMed: 29475513
- Lin AL et al. Rapamycin rescues vascular, metabolic and learning deficits in apolipoprotein E4 transgenic mice with pre-symptomatic Alzheimer's disease. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 37:217-226 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26721390
- Halliday MR et al. Accelerated pericyte degeneration and blood-brain barrier breakdown in apolipoprotein E4 carriers with Alzheimer's disease. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 36:216-27 (2016). PubMed: 25757756
- Heinzmann D et al. The Novel Extracellular Cyclophilin A (CyPA) - Inhibitor MM284 Reduces Myocardial Inflammation and Remodeling in a Mouse Model of Troponin I -Induced Myocarditis. PLoS One 10:e0124606 (2015). Histology ; Mouse . PubMed: 25894208
- Keyes LR et al. Cyclophilin A is required for efficient human cytomegalovirus DNA replication and reactivation. J Gen Virol 93:722-32 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22238232