Product nameCyGEL Sustain™
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, FMmore details
CyGEL Sustain™ is a novel thermoreversible hydrogel which is liquid when cold and a gel when warmed at room temperature (22°C +/- 1°C). CyGEL Sustain™ is compatible with live cells and can be used to immobilize non-adherent cells by simple warming, and conversely, allowing their recovery by simple cooling. CyGEL Sustain™ has many applications in imaging and cell-based screening.
Key features of CyGEL Sustain™ include:
- Convenient immobilization of non-adherent cells.
- Controllable and rapid transition from liquid to gel, which allows quick perparation of live cells for gel mounting.
- Optically clear with low autofluorescence.
- Compatible with GFP and other fluorescent probes such as DRAQ5™ (ab108410).
CyGEL Sustain™ is recommended for mounting live de-adherent/ non-adherent cells and Zebrafish embryos for microscopy. CyGEL Sustain™ is specially formulated to allow addition of RPMI and similar culture media, which makes it the best tool for extended imaging experiments, as cells will survive for several hours.
CyGEL Sustain™ is supplied as 10 vials, each containing 500µl.
For live C. elegans and parasites we recommend CyGEL™(ab109204).
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109205 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Please refer to the Protocol Booklet for detailed information about the use of CyGEL Sustain.
|FM||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab109205 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Fritzsche M et al. Cytoskeletal actin dynamics shape a ramifying actin network underpinning immunological synapse formation. Sci Adv 3:e1603032 (2017). PubMed: 28691087